View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Jan. 24

Rate this Entry
by , January 24th, 2011 at 06:17 PM (1019 Views)
Drylands:

RC work, 15-20 minutes

back extensions, 25 x 2 x 15
long arm crunches, 2 x 50
flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 100
HS power squats, 200 x 1 x 10, 220 x 1 x 10, 240 x 1 x 10
HS iso lateral hi row, 160 x 1 x 10, 180 x 1 x 10
skull crushers, 50 x 2 x 15
knee tuck jumps, 10
med balls slams, 10
start plyo w/med ball, 10
step ups on box w/15 DBs, 15

Bike, 30 minutes:

Just hopped on bike at home later in the day.

Commentary:

Weights were not too difficult. I didn't feel like I had lost any strength in the week off. And perhaps the rest was beneficial (rest, adapt, get stronger, blah blah). I do need to take it easy on the plyos with my foot. Shoulder is still slightly sore, which I attribute to not doing RC exercises for 3 days. My bad.

I'm going in for a magnesium injection tomorrow am, as I had some major cramping issues at the end of last week.

On another note, I've lost 5-6 pounds since beginning BHRT & thyroid therapy without changing my diet at all. In reality, I've been exceedingly skeptical about the "calories in calories out" mindset, as previously it appeared that my weight stayed the same no matter what I ate or how much I exercised. I now have a "hormones rule the world and you better hope nothing goes wrong" mindset. lol.

I've also heard from my coach, who's from Canada, that the pool for Canadian Masters Nationals at the end of May, Claude Robillard, is very fast. Very tempting!

Submit "Monday, Jan. 24" to Digg Submit "Monday, Jan. 24" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Jan. 24" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Jan. 24" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Spinning

Comments

Go to the Canadian meet ... it should be fun. There's a picture near the bottom of this page of the pool -- http://equipesf.tripod.com/id28.html -- and it looks nice. I've been to the 76 Olympic pool before; while it'd be cool to swim there for nostalgia's sake you're probably better off at the newer Robillard pool.
    Yeah, the meet is well timed for me. I just wish theyd publish info and the order of events!