View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, Jan. 27

Rate this Entry
by , January 27th, 2011 at 09:24 PM (1243 Views)
Drylands, 60 minutes:

RC Work, 15-20 minutes

long arm crunches, 50
flutter kicks on bosu, 100
reverse scoops, 25 x 2 x 15
alternating hammers, 17.5 x 2 x 30
Icarian chest supported pull, 105 (assuming bar was 25) x 5 x 5
HS power squats, 270 x 2 x 5, 280 x 3 x 5
(bumped up quite a bit on this)
explosive leg press, 270 x 2 x 10
tricep press negatives, 50 x 2 x 10
med ball slams, 2 x 10

Bikram Yoga, 90 minutes

Only had 1.5 hours between drylands and yoga and I could definitely feel it. It was harder to get through the class than usual. Had to leave to get more water about 2/3 of the way through, but wasn't scolded. I'm definitely more flexible after going so much in January. According to my FLOG, this is my 10th class this month.

Commentary:

We got a snoprise last night. The weather forecasters had been predicting more rain, but we got 10 inches in some areas. Naturally, school is cancelled for the rest of the week. Since Mon & Tues are teacher work days, my kids have a 7 day weekend -- pretty sweet. As a result of this snow, I have a bit of shovel-itis, though I tried to foist most of the shoveling on Fort Son (Mr. Fort was awol). Fortunately, we did not lose power, as so many did. Unfortunately, it appears that some landscaping may be trashed. Grr ...

I expect to wake up tomorrow and feel very sore as I did some heavy pulling and squatting. Q Brain says he's dead after doing 5 x 5 reps. Plus, with yoga, that was essentially 2.5 hours of drylands. Hopefully, it won't prevent me from getting in a decent swim tomorrow. Sleeping in should help!

BTW, if anyone needs a competition suit, there is a very good sale at this website: www.elsmoreaquatics.com. I purchased a new Speedo for later this year since my others have had quite a bit of use. Mini Fort is stealing my B70 kneeskin (only 3 swims in it) for her upcoming HS meets.

Submit "Thursday, Jan. 27" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Jan. 27" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Jan. 27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Jan. 27" to Google

Updated January 27th, 2011 at 09:38 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Yoga

Comments

snowway!
    hope she swims fast
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    snowway!
    hope she swims fast
    Ah, it's all good. I stole her Speedo LZR Elite. We'll see how she does on no conditioning. She's been mimicking my speed + strength training, but also doing other sports. She did rest this week.