View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

Cross Training on 2/1

Rate this Entry
by , February 6th, 2009 at 04:26 PM (1005 Views)
I competed in a mountain cross race on Sunday. It didn't occur to me to post it as cross training.
Mountain cross is a mix of mountain biking and cyclocross in that it has singletrack sections with roots, rocks, and logs (mountain biking) and grass path, relatively flat sections with obstacles that you have to get off your bike to clear (cyclocross). The course was ridiculously muddy meaning that it was slower, which instantly made me more competitive. I'm a good climber, but I'm not so fast on the faster stuff. Anyway, I finished 7th out of 30, I rode for 56 minutes, and probably completed 8 miles at most. It was fun and it made my legs and lungs burn for the better part of an hour.

Here's a picture of the muddy bicycle. You can't see all the mud on my rear end from sliding down a muddy hill on said rear end...three times!!!

Submit "Cross Training on 2/1" to Digg Submit "Cross Training on 2/1" to del.icio.us Submit "Cross Training on 2/1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cross Training on 2/1" to Google

Updated February 10th, 2009 at 09:41 AM by Iwannafly

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

That is pretty cool. Sure beats staring at a wall while riding the stationary bike listening to bad music.
    That looks like fun I wanna fly. How many times a week do you ride!
    During the summer, when the days are long, I ride 3-4 days per week. I've been a slacker this winter and haven't ridden since Thanksgiving. Normally, I would try and ride once a week in the winter at least.
    And, it is VERY fun!