View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Week 2 Begins Sat., Feb 7

Rate this Entry
Great day: Mr. Fort went on a 13.6 mile trail run; I swam 1750 meters. Dreadfully unfair.

Woke up earlier than I intended, feeling sleepy and lethargic. Consulted my doctor (see photo on left below) by text, and he advised me this was completely normal. Actually felt a little peppier after I swam.

Warm up:

700 swim-kick

Speed Work:

4 x 25 build free

5 x (25 easy speed fly + 25 easy)

50 EZ

5 x (25 AFAP free + 75 easy + sit on wall and try not to die of boredom)

150 C/D

Total: 1750 meters

2 x (10 minutes hot tub + cold shower + 5 minutes steam room)

icing my ass shortly

Here's an interesting article about age group swimming in the DC area: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=artslot

I've also attached a photo of me and Mini-Fort from the meet we did together in January. After my 200 back, I look like a drown rat run over by a mac truck and Mini-Fort looks fresh as a daisy. But at least I did my bit to raise awareness of masters swimming among USS girls and their parents!

Parenting teenage girl swimmers in the 13-14 age group can really be trying. Last night, I got a text from Mini-Fort at her travel meet saying: "mommy, I dropped 10 seconds in my 400 IM luv u." Today, after my workout, I received a text saying: "never swimming 200s again." (She's just getting back in shape after taking 3-4 weeks off to rest her knees (patella overload syndrome).) Yeesh! What drama!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000629.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	6245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n797920051_5588088_100.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	6246  

Submit "Week 2 Begins   Sat., Feb 7" to Digg Submit "Week 2 Begins   Sat., Feb 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 2 Begins   Sat., Feb 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 2 Begins   Sat., Feb 7" to Google

Updated February 7th, 2009 at 05:02 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

"icing my ass shortly" and "never swimming 200s again."

LMAO Good stuff. Know that your readers are enjoying your taper more than you are
    I was just going to leave the "icing my ass shortly" comment alone! But I did get a good laugh at it!!!
    How else can one describe it really? I guess my doctor would say I'm icing my psoas muscle.
    like mother, like daughter.....both very cute!!!!!!
    Thanks, Robin. Same thing back at ya about your pic!

I want to know, however, why I get chlorine burn and she doesn't? Is this some trick of youth? And my eyes are bloodshot and her's aren't, why is this?
    "And my eyes are bloodshot and her's aren't, why is this?"

Well, what did you do the night before said 200 back?

Keep strong on the taper ... enjoy the rest and swim fast next weekend!
    Consulted my doctor (see photo on left below) by text,
    Oh dear.

Nice pic swim mommy.
    Nothing Patrick! I think chlorine just bugs me more now. I'm actually taking tomorrow off ... Trying to take a couple extra days off.

Quick, my doctor seems to have turned on me and is waging competition ....
    And I see "Mr. Dixon" is helping him!
    They
    are
    cheating!
    No kidding. His only possible excuse is that he must perceive that "killing the buddha" is cure for dsythymia? No more 2 steak dinners for that bad boy!
    hope you had fun icing your ass
    which flavor did you go with
    Leslie, I think you have hired a hit man to do away with the future Bhuddha Jim before he can do away with the current (and impossibly receding into the distance) Bhudda Leslie...I refer all your loyal fans and commentators to my recent vlog post on Ecclesiastes and threats to Jimby (with a special sidebar on the Phuckery). I wish your frozen ass nothing but the best!
    Jim, I could be wrong here, but doesn't the phrase "killing the buddha" refer to something that is not real? As I am real, I feel your murderous competitive instincts are improperly aimed. Plus, were I to pass by foul means, you, the lodger, would lose your lodging. Surely that is a much worse?