View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Feb. 9

Rate this Entry
Bike, 45 desultory minutes

Stretching & RC Work, 45 minutes

Commentary:

I'm still feeling kinda sick and now my Lil Fort is sick and feverish. Had to pick her up at school today, and that put the kabosh on any workouts for me. Can't even sneak out tonight to swim b/c Mr. Fort is out of town on a trial and the two teens have other commitments. I'll go stir crazy if I can't get out of the house tomorrow ... I was hoping to meet Speedo at OakMarr.

And I'm rather peeved. Aside from endorphin and workout preclusion, I just found out that Mini Fort put my kneeskin through the washing machine. Suspect that ruins any coating that was on it.

I was also annoyed when my Jimslie-Jamesparticus was abruptly banned from the forums. I'm glad the Forum Moderator(s) saw the light and reinstated him. If humor and satire are banned, I'd probably check out from the forums.

Trying to get myself in the mood to stretch tonight. I suspect Lil Fort will attempt to force me to watch American Idol, so I will need a distraction. (Did it!) I have also been assiduously honing my scrabble skills the last few days. JimRude just went down!

Submit "Wed., Feb. 9" to Digg Submit "Wed., Feb. 9" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Feb. 9" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Feb. 9" to Google

Updated February 9th, 2011 at 11:49 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Spinning

Comments

It's good that you can beat somebody at scrabble.
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    It's good that you can beat somebody at scrabble.
    Taunting me only makes me more determined.

Wait a minute, I checked the archives. I won our last two games!
    What happened to jImby on the forum? I miss out on all the good stuff while I'm at work!
    Sorry to hear you're sick. I got some anti-biotics tonight after school. I've been off and on with this sinus/throat/ear thing for 3 weeks. I'm tired of being dizzy all day at school so I finally went to DR. I'll probably try to swim again on Saturday.
    This is a bleak winter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    What happened to jImby on the forum? I miss out on all the good stuff while I'm at work!
    Sorry to hear you're sick. I got some anti-biotics tonight after school. I've been off and on with this sinus/throat/ear thing for 3 weeks. I'm tired of being dizzy all day at school so I finally went to DR. I'll probably try to swim again on Saturday.
    This is a bleak winter!
    I could really pass on winter.

Jimby's posts have been restored on the Welsford thread, so you can read them. He was just trying to add some levity to the thread by pretending he was Moderator Jr. His posts were deleted from the thread and he was banned for a week with no warning. After a few posters complained that is they were just humorous, the moderators reconsidered the ban and reinstated him. I was worried humor and satire were gone after that occurred.

I hope the antibiotics work!
    Wow. I missed the whole Jim banning. Who are the moderators, anyway? If people can't find levity and intelligence in Jim's posts, they've got some issues they need to deal with.
    Huh, that's interesting. I think the Forum is a bit out of control.
    There are a couple people on there that annoy the bejibbers out of me, puke, puke! I think I'll sign off that place for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Wow. I missed the whole Jim banning. Who are the moderators, anyway? If people can't find levity and intelligence in Jim's posts, they've got some issues they need to deal with.
    Yeah, I was disgusted that his posts were deleted and he was banned without even a warning. They were so obviously a joke. And no one speaks sequipedalianism like Jimby! The forum would be much duller without him.

From what I have gleaned, there are many moderators, including Mark Gill, Rob Copeland, Jim Matysek and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Huh, that's interesting. I think the Forum is a bit out of control.
    There are a couple people on there that annoy the bejibbers out of me, puke, puke! I think I'll sign off that place for a while.
    There's been a lot of turmoil with the Welsford letter and posts being deleted right and left. Sometimes taking a break is good. I've posted a lot this week because I've been sick. But often I just stick to the blogs.

I think there are some posters that bug all of us.
    You should be proud that Mini was doing laundry!

Sorry to hear that you and Lil' are sick. I am doing an experiment to see if garlic extract will decrease my rate of sinusitis. I'll report back next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You should be proud that Mini was doing laundry!

Sorry to hear that you and Lil' are sick. I am doing an experiment to see if garlic extract will decrease my rate of sinusitis. I'll report back next year.
    Are you sick too?

Mini just called me from school and she is now sick. House full of germs.

Mini is actually very neat and laundry is one of her chores. So is Lil Fort. It's Fort Son that's an utter complete disaster.
    I am not currently sick, no, but I had a sinus infection quickly after returning from Singapore that took about 10 days and a round of antibiotics to get over. Frequent and prolonged illness is annoying, so hopefully this will help.
    And if not, it is only about $16/year for garlic extract.
    That's one supplement I haven't tried yet. lol

Maybe some L-Lysine and Zinc too?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That's one supplement I haven't tried yet. lol

Maybe some L-Lysine and Zinc too?
    I will stick to one thing at a time. Zinc cough drops seemed to worsen my sore throats, so I gave up on them pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I will stick to one thing at a time. Zinc cough drops seemed to worsen my sore throats, so I gave up on them pretty quick.
    Cough drops suck.

You'd probably have to try liquid zinc to get a medicinal benefit.