View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Saturday, Feb. 12

Rate this Entry
by , February 12th, 2011 at 10:57 PM (2399 Views)
Drylands:

broomstick twists, 25
long arm crunches, 50
bicycles on bosu, 2 x 25
russian twists on incline bench, 25 x 1 x 25
step ups w/20 lb DBs, 40 x 2 x 15
side step ups w/20 lb DBs, 40 x 2 x 15, one set each side (these take some hip strength)
extreme angle isometric squat w/20 lb DB, 5:00
elevated reverse plank isometric, 1:00
HS low row, 100 x 2 x 10 (this bothered my shoulder more than other rows, probably won't do it again)
skull crushers, 60 x 1 x 10
abductor legs, 120 x 1 x 10, 130 x 1 x 10
hip hinges, 25 x 1 x 10
box jumps, 10

RC work

-- Had to skip the second set of some exercises b/c the gym was too crowded, my spots were taken and I wanted to do some cardio before heading out to Lil Fort's soccer game.

Arc Trainer Eliptical, 30 minutes

10 minutes stretching

Commentary:

I still have some nasty lingering cold type ailment, but it seems to be manageable with DayQuil and flonase. Really need to drag out the neti pot. I haven't been to yoga in awhile, but it does not sound appealing or seem advisable at the moment. Hoping to swim with my team tomorrow.

I see a funny new smiley, so I'll use it to say I'm psyched my AA held up (thus far) in the prelim SCM results. Much prefer that to my 2nd place finishes -- though I'll happily take those too! I'm chuckling a little: I would have made TT in the 50 back in the men's 45-49 as well. lol

Submit "Saturday, Feb. 12" to Digg Submit "Saturday, Feb. 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, Feb. 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, Feb. 12" to Google

Updated February 13th, 2011 at 04:22 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Ellipse Machine

Comments

Use the neti pot. I use mine all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    Use the neti pot. I use mine all the time.
    I know I should. All right, going to try to find it.
    Nice going on the #1 finish. If it wasn't for that Roddin character (or had I gone faster), I could've miraculously scored my first #1 finish (in any event) in the 100 fly of all events.

Neti pots freak me out. I've tried and tried, but can't get the hang of it. Something about water up my nose just doesn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Nice going on the #1 finish. If it wasn't for that Roddin character (or had I gone faster), I could've miraculously scored my first #1 finish (in any event) in the 100 fly of all events.

Neti pots freak me out. I've tried and tried, but can't get the hang of it. Something about water up my nose just doesn't work for me.
    Yeah, they're kinda gross. But I know doctors that swear by them.

That Roddin character is hard to beat. I see Speedo raked in some 2nd place finishes as well and you guys were quite close in a couple events.
    I'm chuckling a little: I would have made TT in the 50 back in the men's 45-49 as well. lol

I chuckle, too! I would have made TT in a number of women's events in the 45-49!

Actually, Leslie, next year you will be a world beater in many events, I preminisce.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    I chuckle, too! I would have made TT in a number of women's events in the 45-49!

Actually, Leslie, next year you will be a world beater in many events, I preminisce.
    Have you checked testosterone levels as of late?

Perhaps your premonitions will be correct if I can just stay healthy! And I am not in my delusional hypochondriachal state.