View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Endorphin Withdrawal Continues Unabated, Sunday, Feb. 8

Rate this Entry
by , February 8th, 2009 at 02:24 PM (1750 Views)
Taking a rest day today. Plan on swimming M-Th, then taking Friday off. I think I must be going through endorphin withdrawal or something insidious. Despite quite a bit of sleep last night, I feel tired and have a constant and overwhelming urge to nap.

I was attempting to do a google search on feeling crappy/physiological effects during taper and found this:

http://www.usms.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8835&page=1 (As I recall, I swam pretty well at this meet after my first real taper. In fact, it was this meet that convinced me I am better LC swimmer.) At least I'm consistent in my dislike of tapering!

The day will not be one of complete rest, however, as I have decided (and this is subject to a cowardly changing of the mind or even greater ennui) to try on my new B70 tonight. Last time I tried on a spanking new B70 was in June before the IGLA meet. I actually was convinced I had bought the wrong size suit despite following the sizing chart, and was (purely because of the taper of course) cursing in my hotel room. Several PMs or texts to and from Ande helped solve the problem and after an epic struggle, I did wiggle into the suit.

And now I have something else to fret about. I'm swimming the first event both days (as I recall). I may have to get out of warm up really early to get the damn suit on. Yeesh.

Still doing the icing of the ass. Doesn't seem to help.

Edit: Never mind, the cause of my malaise has been now revealed and it is a really good thing!

Submit "Endorphin Withdrawal Continues Unabated, Sunday, Feb. 8" to Digg Submit "Endorphin Withdrawal Continues Unabated, Sunday, Feb. 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Endorphin Withdrawal Continues Unabated, Sunday, Feb. 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Endorphin Withdrawal Continues Unabated, Sunday, Feb. 8" to Google

Updated February 10th, 2009 at 10:20 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Are you going to share the cause of your malaise?
    Was hoping not to frighten all the men. It's AF, a bit early, so it won't interfere with my meet. lol. It's interfered with my last 3, so I'm relieved!
    Ohhhhhh. It never occurred to me that might affect one's meet, but now that I think about it...

Are you leaving Friday for Auburn?
    Leaving on Friday morning. Dinner with friends Friday and then sleep in like a lazy sprinter, if I can.

Yes, it can be a bummer.