View RSS Feed

Swim like an Orca, but faster !

Wednesday hail hat's

Rate this Entry
by , February 17th, 2011 at 12:54 PM (703 Views)
Aquasol
5:30-7:10pm

Warm 500, did 50Fr, 100Fr, 100Bk, 200IM Dr. 100 K (550)
------------------------------------
2x500 (suppose to get time)
5x200 P on 3:00
10x100 alt. IM & BK on 2:15/2:00
6x100 K (did 4x100 w/monofin. alt Fly/BK)
4x50 cool

4050 scy
------------------------------------
A few weeks ago Coach Steve had me learn a couple of drill's to keep my elbows high and increase my rotation on my freestyle. The net result was a increased learning curve that has slowed my FR down. Im used to swinging my arms over with low elbows, and a 45 degree from center axis body rotation. A surfboard stroke. I was getting faster with it; 10x100 FR 1:09's on 1:30 intervals. Now, I'm coming in on 1:24. Having to rotate 90 degrees to the left and 90 degree's to the right, keeping my arm tucked in with my elbow high and trying to coordinating my kicking pattern has kept me busy. Sometimes I can feel it, but most of the time its a chore.
I finally learned how to do a proper breaststroke kick a couple of month's ago, but learning it late in life has caused considerable pain to the ligaments in my knees.
My BR has slowed while my knees painfully adjust. Both coaches understand what I'm going through, with the BR and the FR. "Just keep practicing".
It hailed a few times during practice in our outdoor " nanatorium", in between sets I put a kick-board or paddle on my head, a "hail hat".
It quickly spawned imitators!

Submit "Wednesday hail hat's" to Digg Submit "Wednesday hail hat's" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday hail hat's" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday hail hat's" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments