Speed/Cruise:

4 x (25 easy speed fly + 25 easy)

50 EZ

50 back AFAP

200 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP free + 75 easy)

100 EZ

Total: 1850

The pain in the ass is still a pain in the ass. Both my daughters have colds and are hacking. I've been congested for a couple days, hope it doesn't escalate. I felt sorry for myself for about 15 minutes last night, but I'm mostly upbeat. Don't feel either crappy or particularly speedy in the water. Just kind of weird and floaty. Don't care, I'm ignoring it all.

Submit "Monday, Feb. 9" to Digg Submit "Monday, Feb. 9" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Feb. 9" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Feb. 9" to Google

Updated February 10th, 2009 at 10:19 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I think that we are all getting sick through these blogs somehow! Hope, you get rid of the congestion by this weekend.
    Thanks, Tom. My house is just a wasteland of viral contagion. I'm not bad now; I just don't want it to get worse. It's just winter. I really see nothing redeeming in winter!

I hope you feel better soon too, so you can kick ass this weekend.
    Go easy on the 400 yard warm up swims...
    When is the meet?
    I'm going so easy I'm about to fall asleep. So dull!

Meet is Sat-Sun. I leave Friday am.
    I predict you are going to have a great meet! You are starting to sound like a caged animal....when you burst out you are going to fly!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Robin. I am well known for hating tapering as I'm a workout-aholic. I'm counting down the days. Fortunately, the kids' stuff will keep me well occupied. I'm trying not to move too far into the "neurotic & fragile" taper mode that Allen Stark moves into. Although I'm sure the hypochondriasis that Jim has detected previously will attempt to rear it's ugly head. I'm hoping to drop kick it back if it does.
    Well I expect textual updates...
    Would you like the hypochondriacal updates or just unadulterated times?
    You seem to be in tune with your mind and body. Hypochondriasis is your mind playing a trick on your physical body. Go ahead and let yourself feel strong, rested, and smart for tapering so well.
    A meet is an opportunity for greatness....a taper gives you the physical/mental edge to rise to the challenge and swim out of your mind!
    G'luck Fortress, you are almost there!
    I'll take the time and any "faulty facilities" excuses.. e.g wall lane...or no lane line at the wall etc. Hypochondriasis is meh, yawn!
    Cream Puff tells me that, unlike BU, wall lanes are no problem at Auburn. I may complain about big 6'4" sandbagging guys drowning me in their wake. Or not!

Thanks Robin!
    Fort- good luck this weekend. I've been following your blog since you started tapering because frankly, there's nothing I'd rather be doing than tapering. I enjoy all things taper- I tapered in my car to work this morning- nice and easy, with a few AFAP to the next red light (although not impressive with a 4-cyl station wagon). I realize you don't feel the same way about the taper, but I'm envious- you're gonna smoke em. Good luck!
    Thanks, Pete, you stereotypical sprint freestyler!

I enjoy the first few days of taper when I've been training hard, but then after that I'm ready to get back at it. The 3 day mini taper is perfect for me. Though I know I'll probably be faster with the 2 week taper. Your time will come ... in May. lol You'll have to skip some of Cheryl's workouts and/or cut waaay back.
    Updated February 10th, 2009 at 09:53 AM by The Fortress
    looks like you're doing what you should be
    stay healthy
    With both my teenagers home sick, this will be extremely difficult.
    I go through a lot of Airborne and Emergen-C when trying to avoid getting sick. There is a substantial amount of evidence that this does NO good, but it makes me feel better...and it makes my pee neon yellow if I don't drink enough water! I know you're glad I shared that!!!
    lol, Floyd uses the Emergen-C too. I've been taking Lysine. May go have a glass of OJ now ...