Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo
by, February 10th, 2009 at 12:10 AM (2156 Views)
Actually worked today. Odd. A foreign experience of late.
Blood drawn for testosterone and estrogen readings.
The soy era has begun. Soy milk--2 giant glasses. Cliff Bar, hopefully salmonella-free, but it's possible the local supermarket decided to **** the recall.
I like being able to use the word **** and not have to worry about it seeming bad. **** **** ****!
I am semi-documenting my soy experiment and its effect on my swimming, but too tired to post the footage yet.
What I will post tonight, however, is the practice I did that has left me vibrating with exhaustion and a sense that I am getting old.
And the leading contender for the Vlog the Inhaler theme song, written and performed by the two wonderful little daughters of my swimming teammate, Mark H.
I think that you will see their song about me has a lot in common with other songs like "It's a small world after all" and "The song that never ends."
Catchy. Infectious. And once it gets into you head, you just want to sing it nonstop all day and all night for the rest of your life.
Which, alas, you might also end up cutting short with a small arms round in the cranium.
Even this, however, is not enough to stop the sound of the Vlog the Inhaler theme song.
- 250 tai chi warm up on my own
- 10 x 100 1:25 official warm up
- 5 x 100 on 1:20 (1:12's -1:14s for me)
- 1 x 500 at a better pace than above (6:12 --pathetique)
- 5 x 100 on 1:15 (1:10s or 1:11s for me)
- 1 x 500 at a better pace than above (yeah, right. I did a 6:22 and felt as ancient as a 56 year can feel)
- 2 x 100 on 1:30
- 1 x 200 fast (2:08, almost threw up; leg cramp the second 100 forcing the right angle ankle kick)
- 6 x 50 on :40 (almost seized up)
- 1 x 50 slow on my own to bring total up to 3600
- steam bath
- continued to drip sweat for a long long time after I got dressed. the pool water, by the way, was 85.
And now for the Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo song. Note: absolutely no video production values tonight. In fact, after the girls give me the muuaaahhh kiss, or at least Marion does, Carrie is too old to do such things, you can shut it down. The last 30 seconds or so is just me fumbling with the camera trying to turn it off.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU61U6iKtzk&eurl"]YouTube - The official song of Vlog the Inhaler[/ame]