View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Utterly exhausted.

Actually worked today. Odd. A foreign experience of late.

Blood drawn for testosterone and estrogen readings.

The soy era has begun. Soy milk--2 giant glasses. Cliff Bar, hopefully salmonella-free, but it's possible the local supermarket decided to **** the recall.

I like being able to use the word **** and not have to worry about it seeming bad. **** **** ****!

I am semi-documenting my soy experiment and its effect on my swimming, but too tired to post the footage yet.

What I will post tonight, however, is the practice I did that has left me vibrating with exhaustion and a sense that I am getting old.

And the leading contender for the Vlog the Inhaler theme song, written and performed by the two wonderful little daughters of my swimming teammate, Mark H.

I think that you will see their song about me has a lot in common with other songs like "It's a small world after all" and "The song that never ends."

Catchy. Infectious. And once it gets into you head, you just want to sing it nonstop all day and all night for the rest of your life.

Which, alas, you might also end up cutting short with a small arms round in the cranium.

Even this, however, is not enough to stop the sound of the Vlog the Inhaler theme song.

Enjoy!

Practice:

• 250 tai chi warm up on my own
  • 10 x 100 1:25 official warm up
  • 5 x 100 on 1:20 (1:12's -1:14s for me)
  • 1 x 500 at a better pace than above (6:12 --pathetique)
  • 5 x 100 on 1:15 (1:10s or 1:11s for me)
  • 1 x 500 at a better pace than above (yeah, right. I did a 6:22 and felt as ancient as a 56 year can feel)
  • 2 x 100 on 1:30
  • 1 x 200 fast (2:08, almost threw up; leg cramp the second 100 forcing the right angle ankle kick)
  • 6 x 50 on :40 (almost seized up)
  • 1 x 50 slow on my own to bring total up to 3600
  • steam bath
  • continued to drip sweat for a long long time after I got dressed. the pool water, by the way, was 85.

And now for the Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo song. Note: absolutely no video production values tonight. In fact, after the girls give me the muuaaahhh kiss, or at least Marion does, Carrie is too old to do such things, you can shut it down. The last 30 seconds or so is just me fumbling with the camera trying to turn it off.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU61U6iKtzk&eurl"]YouTube - The official song of Vlog the Inhaler[/ame]

Submit "Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo" to Digg Submit "Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo" to del.icio.us Submit "Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great song....I mean it, I really like it!
    That is exactually what my day is like only in groups of 26-30 kids and 13 different groups in a row (with a 27 minute lunch break in the middle). Kids are cool!
    Good workout jimby! Why do they keep the water at 85? I guess if you swim at the YMCA they have those aqua arthritis classes and keep it warm for them.
    When I swim in my backyard pool (20 yards long) in the summer it gets as hot as 95 degrees. When that happens I stop every set and hose down with the garden hose....it helps a little.
    Whoops......here they come, I gotta go!

bob
    Thanks, Bob! What do you teach your 3rd graders? Is it PE (i.e., presumably something they kind of like) or quadratic equations (i.e., presumably something 1 of them likes and the other 25-29 detest)?

If you would like to show the class the Jimbo Jumbo Gallyumbo song, and tell them that I am still considering other theme songs for different Vlog the Inhaler moods, there might be a prize for any new videos they would let me post hereupon.

Possibly, ask them to mention swimming so I don't get kicked off the site completely!

Oh, oh! Perhaps if you are a P.E. teacher, you could teach them the old dance routine, "The Swim" (with the simulated nose plugs and sinking thru the discotech floor!) and have them perform "The Swim" when simultaneously singing their brand new Vlog the Inhaler Before-A-Race Psche-Up Pscyho Music!
    Hi Jimbo--Can do! We do lots of crazy dances for a quick warm-up when they enter the gym (especaially Kdg-2nd grade) Some of the little buzzers can really rock-it! They love to make them up too!
    Yes....they like pe alot. My goal is for everyone to love to move, and to understand the positive effect movement and great nutrition has on their bodies by the time they graduate from Towne Meadow!
    Such a beautiful and fitting song! You've outdone yourself!
    Eat a pretzel!!

JT... would you please go to Auburn and VLOG the shannigans of Leslie Livingston?
    If she breaks a National Record and you are not there, you will never forgive yourself!

The world is awaiting results on your page.
    Thanks, Ahelee Sue. I would LOVE to go and be a fly on the wall of the room to be shared by Leslie, Cream Puff, Heather, and god knows what other women of wild wetness will be having pillow fights to all hours and then breaking records throughout the following days.

If I had the money to fly down, you know I would come with my batteries and Flip Ultra video and body condom! Hef has been begging me for years to do a pictorial on the Girls of USMS.

Alas, we also serve who stay at home and consumer soy products for the sake of our readers.
    I caught myself this morning, sitting at my desk, humming, "Jimbo, Jumbo, Gallyumbo!" It's almost as catchy as the Chicken Dance song!!!
    Vunderbar! TJ, I have taken the liberty of translating the song into German. I am hoping that when you move to the Fatherland, you can import the song with you, and by so doing, help to colonize the planet with this wonderful ditty:

Ist hier das " Jimbo, Tunnel-bohrwagen, Gallyumbo! " Lied auf Deutsch
    Merci...Oh wait, that's a little too far west!!!