Swim/SCY/Solo + Jazzy:

Warm up:

600 various

Transition:

8 x 50 fly drills @ 1:00 or so

10 x 25 easy speed shooters

6 x 25 w/mini bursts

50 EZ

-- I did this while Jazz was in the adjacent lane banging out some fast 50 frees.

Mini Speed Set:

6 x (25 AFAP w/fins + 25 EZ) @ 2:00

fly, 11
back, 11
breast, 11
free, high 10
fly, high 10
back, high 10-11 (? can't really remember)

200 EZ

Total: 1950

hottub, 20 minutes (thought the jets don't really seem to be working

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Just a nice little pre-meet drill + speed workout with lots of chatting with Jazz. That boy is getting in shape!

I was stymied in my stretching efforts today by my two girls, both of whom drove me bonkers in their own special talented ways. (In my own experience, girls are so much harder than boys.) I'm sure I won't be able to stretch every day in the Month of the Stretch. But I'm aiming for 5x week.

I was at Mini's swim & dive award banquet tonight and got a good swim tip. One of the fast chicks won an award for the "Glide Girl" because she uses glide to get her tight kneeskin on. That had never occurred to me. Doh. Great way to get the pesky things up and over the hips. I'm going to go hunt around the house to see if I can locate my glide.

Psych sheet for Warrenton meet:

http://www.warrentonmasters.org/Blog...ing-swim-meet/.

WRT to the 100 fly, I think I'm going to breathe more than usual. In short course, I usually breathe every other stroke. But, with long underwaters, you can still create an oxygen debt. Chris once suggested I throw in some singles in LCM, and that worked like a charm. So I may do this weekend as well. I am thankfully in the predominantly girl heat instead of the boy heat.

Submit "Swim w/Jazz, Thursday, Mar. 3" to Digg Submit "Swim w/Jazz, Thursday, Mar. 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Swim w/Jazz, Thursday, Mar. 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Swim w/Jazz, Thursday, Mar. 3" to Google

Updated March 3rd, 2011 at 09:46 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Odd question - do you think wearing the nose clip can give you cauliflower nose? I've started to wonder about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquageek
    Odd question - do you think wearing the nose clip can give you cauliflower nose? I've started to wonder about that.
    Never thought about that ... Doesn't seem like there would be enough physical trauma.

Do you use yours all the time? Or just for back and dorkel?
    Just back and dorkel. We haven't been dorkelizing much lately but plenty of back.
    Yes geek! I think your nose will be okay till you reach your mid-sixties then it will happen rather quickly....red and craggery, bulbous too!
    I agree about raising sons Fort. Rob never has and probably never will be anything but a delight to his mom. The girls can be sweet/evil at the drop of a hat!
    Good luck in your meet this week-end!
    Just back and dorkel. We haven't been dorkelizing much lately but plenty of back.
    I doubt that's enough usage to cause any damage. You're probably safe. And much faster in back as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Yes geek! I think your nose will be okay till you reach your mid-sixties then it will happen rather quickly....red and craggery, bulbous too!
    I agree about raising sons Fort. Rob never has and probably never will be anything but a delight to his mom. The girls can be sweet/evil at the drop of a hat!
    Good luck in your meet this week-end!
    It is a somewhat gross concept that noses keep growing over time ...

Girls are sweet-evil. My 10 year old is currently not speaking to me for refusing to let her watch AI last night and deleting the recorded version. But she deserved it for misbehaving. My other one is blaming every ill that befalls her -- didn't do well on French PALS, threw up on her 2k erg, slept through her alarm, sore knees from volleyball, broken cell phone -- on me. Ack. I am foisting Lil Fort off on Mr. Fort tonight -- I purchased tickets to Rango for them while I veg on the couch.
    That was a good workout. I'm starting to get that feeling like I want to swim every day. It's been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    That was a good workout. I'm starting to get that feeling like I want to swim every day. It's been a while.
    It's amazing what lack of shoulder pain and a little speed will do for one's outlook.