Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Thursday

Rate this Entry
Tonight was Nasti's:

**600 Freestyle warm-up
**6 X 100 @ 1:45
**3 X 200 @ 3:30
**4 X 150 @ 2:45
**8 X 25 Breath control drills (I did fly and back sprints @ :40)
**200 cool-down swim
2,800 scy

I needed to go home and meditate but ended up watching "The Office" re-runs and eating Subway and Klondike Bars. I am flunking my mindfulness course and it isn't really bothering me. I going to try to get back on track this week-end.

Submit "Thursday" to Digg Submit "Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

50 minutes every single night seems like a big time commitment. Do they insist you do it that long/often at the outset to get you in the groove? Or is this something that you are supposed to sustain every day?
    50 minutes of meditation? Dang, yes that's a lot. I'd like to try to get 10 mindful meditation minutes each day and fail about 97% of my days.
    Isn't meditation that thing we do at night as we close our eyes until the alarm clock starts making noise before swim practice??? If so...I try to get between 6-8 hours if I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    50 minutes every single night seems like a big time commitment. Do they insist you do it that long/often at the outset to get you in the groove? Or is this something that you are supposed to sustain every day?
    Believe it or not I'm supposed to do a 20 minute short seated practice in the morning followed by the 50 minute yoga or body scan later in the day. I guess I could do it the other way around if I wanted. I just can't tone down that much We also have mindful activity homework; I've been skipping it.
    Our teacher says the discomfort and lack of focus is part of the process and we should just forge through. I wish I had the strength!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    50 minutes of meditation? Dang, yes that's a lot. I'd like to try to get 10 mindful meditation minutes each day and fail about 97% of my days.
    I totally agree!!! I have regularly been doing 12-15 minutes in the morning in my office chair before my first class comes. It makes me feel pretty good! I found some short-guided meditations by googling mindful meditations.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Isn't meditation that thing we do at night as we close our eyes until the alarm clock starts making noise before swim practice??? If so...I try to get between 6-8 hours if I can.
    Believe it or not NO!!!! IN fact one of my big problems when I try to meditate for longer than 12-15 minutes is that I fall asleep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Believe it or not I'm supposed to do a 20 minute short seated practice in the morning followed by the 50 minute yoga or body scan later in the day. I guess I could do it the other way around if I wanted. I just can't tone down that much We also have mindful activity homework; I've been skipping it.
    Our teacher says the discomfort and lack of focus is part of the process and we should just forge through. I wish I had the strength!
    So it's an hour and ten minutes of doing nothing? And this is supposed to make you a more tranquil person? There must be other ways to relax sufficiently ...