View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Friday

Rate this Entry
Solo today at a very crowded Monon Center! I used to be able to count on the pool being empty after school till 5:30 or so. This afternoon there were lap swimmer's out the wazoo! Swimming is beoming a very popular workout activity!
**Broken 1,650 (11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1) too tired to note interval
**3 X 200 IM @ 4:00 interval
**6 X 100 IM @ 2:00 Interval
**12 X 50 @ 1:00 IMO Kick, Drill, Swim
**easy 50 cool-down

3,500 scy

Just when I decided to give up on the meditation gig I tuned into a radio show on Sirrius Doctor Radio; they were discussing adult preventative medicine. During a brief discussion of dementia they mentioned the latest studies show the only successful way to ward off this terrible condition is meditation. Previously it was thought that learning a new language or completing daily puzzles would keep the brain sharp. It turns out this is not true and mindful meditation is the only practice proven to help. I guess I'll get serious about my meditation again tomorrow.

Submit "Friday" to Digg Submit "Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's a nice workout, especially solo and in a crowded pool!

All your meditation talk is reminding me of a former co-worker who entered a convent 3 or so years ago. She still keeps in touch with us, and one of the most difficult things she's had to do was keep quiet, sometimes for days at a time. But they are allowing her to do the Chicago marathon this fall (I don't think she'll have to be in her habit) She says that being able to run as really given her a break and time to think. Sometimes I think the same.