View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Swimming in the flood plain!

Rate this Entry
On my way to Noblesville for practice this morning the thought occurred to me that I could just park the car and swim across some of the flooded fields. The water (measured by the submerged fence tops) had to be 5' at least. I could have enjoyed an open-water swim, saved gas, and returned home much faster than I did.

**250 freestyle warm-up
**100 Free @ 1:45
**4 X 25 Stroke @ :45
**200 Free @ 3:30
**4 X 25 Kick @ :45
**300 Free @ 4:45
**4 X 25 Stroke Drill @ :45
**400 Free @ 6:00
**300 Free @ 4:45
**4 X 25 Kick @ :45
**200 Free @ 3:30
**100 Free @ 1:45
**250 cool-down swim

2,700 scy
I had a bad head-ache all night probably due to the margarita I had with my mexican dinner last night.
I liked the flow of the swim we did this morning and by the end of the swim my head was fine and I was back to 100%. Swimming is pretty amazing for hang-overs!

Okay I'm off to the back room to do my mindful (mindless) yoga!

Submit "Swimming in the flood plain!" to Digg Submit "Swimming in the flood plain!" to del.icio.us Submit "Swimming in the flood plain!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Swimming in the flood plain!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can't drink margaritas anymore. They always make me feel dreadful later even though I love them. Is this another problem with getting old?
    It may be. I have felt a bit yuk all day. I think I may give up drinking altogether! It's not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    It may be. I have felt a bit yuk all day. I think I may give up drinking altogether! It's not worth it.
    I've given up drinking since about a year or two after college...really it seems to be just a college thing...so I've been about 10 years without alcohol, and just look at all the $$$ I've saved...though I'm still living paycheck to paycheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I've given up drinking since about a year or two after college...really it seems to be just a college thing...so I've been about 10 years without alcohol, and just look at all the $$$ I've saved...though I'm still living paycheck to paycheck.
    No doubt about saving money, margarita's cost $5-$8.50 in most cantina's! I rarely ever have more than 1 glass of wine/margarita at a time but it seems like that's now enough to cause me a headache!