View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Noodler Interference Tuesday, Feb. 10

Rate this Entry
by , February 10th, 2009 at 02:39 PM (1933 Views)
Had a irritating noodler experience today. Usually, I get along fine with most of the noodlers and lap swimmers and we each stay on our side of the lane. Today, I was stuck sharing a lane with someone who insisted on constantly drifting into the middle of the lane, kicking me while doing elementary backstroke, and doing bobs with her arms flapping like a bird. She wouldn't stay on her side of the lane even after I asked very sweetly. Her idiocy resulted in a collison on my AFAP 50.

Warm up:

450 swim
200 kick
150 fly drills

Other stuff:

3 x (3 x 25 build + 25 easy)

3 x (25 easy speed fly + 25 easy)

50 back AFAP, no time: Noodler insisted on bobbing in the middle of the lane while I was finishing. I swam right into her. I don't understand this at all. She saw me coming and I couldn't see her ... why get in my way when I'm traveling at fast speeds?! (Where is the f bomb emoticon?)

150 EZ

3 x (25 free AFAP + 25 easy)

100 EZ

Total: 1500

Other great news: Both my teenagers are home sick with congestion/cough/sore throats. Blech. I'd like to move out! Hip still sore, perhaps slightly better. This is the third consecutive 2 week taper where I've had "issues." I guess I'm well used to it at least. RL stops for nothing. On the bright side, I'm still holding at congestion and sore throat with no other symptoms so far. Now, I will go plaster a smile on my face as my littlest and sweetest child is almost home from school.

The Auburn psyche sheets are out.

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/~bailelc/masters.html

Haven't looked at them very closely. Yes, I'm sandbagging the 100 IM and 100 fly to get more rest. Ande said it was OK. lol. I'm advised that some other very speedy women swimming the same events as Puff are sandbagging by massive amounts. I guess it's a tradition at Auburn.

Stud: I'm in at least one wall lane! Unfortunately, it's for one of my best events ... Consider this an advance text of "facility flaws."

Submit "Noodler Interference  Tuesday, Feb. 10" to Digg Submit "Noodler Interference  Tuesday, Feb. 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Noodler Interference  Tuesday, Feb. 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Noodler Interference  Tuesday, Feb. 10" to Google

Updated February 10th, 2009 at 10:17 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments

Jeez, talk about sandbagging

100IM Ammon, Craig 1:05.00

I _might_ beleive that time if it was SCM.
    1 Lanoux, Joe M66 CAMS-SE 1:53.17
    Wow! Chris, you gonna be cranking out 1:53 200 backs at 66 years young?

It's cool that Cream Puff is seeded 1st in the mixed 1650, even though some of the boys' times are obviously made up.

Sorry to jack your thread Fort! Oh wait, it's a blog. Do the same rules of etiquette apply on a blog?:-)
    Cream Puff's not swimming. She had just sent in her entry before deciding to go to the Auburn kids' meet instead.

Apparently, loads of men are sandbagging and there are some fast chicks adding 20+ seconds to their 200 times ... I don't know that many of the swimmers, but Puff says it's "sandbag hell."

Hijacks are fine. Wouldn't it be hypocritical if I objected? lol
    Sandbag hell?
    OMG.
    I hope you kill them all!

I have not been to Auburn, but hopefully the outside lane gives you a wash out gutter!
    Who knows how the scratches will flow. You may get the middle lane in the 2nd to the last heat which is ALWAYS my dream!
    Good luck girl!
    That's always my dream too, Ahelee! Too funny.

I'm not sure if it's positive check in though ... Didn't think so. Puff has advised, prior to me signing up for the meet, that the pool is fast and has overflow gutters and not much turbulence. She swam a 26.4 in the 50 fly last year in an outside lane with a bunch of guys.

The fast sandbagging chicks don't appear to be swimming my fav 50s ... from what I can tell ... I'm swimming those with guys.
    Crush the guys! It'll do wonders for their egos.

Good luck and have fun.
    I've swum with guys before, but never in SCY. I'm banking on the fast pool.

No positive chick in, Ahelee, so lane assignments stay the same.