View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Knees Up Mother Brown

Rate this Entry
by , February 11th, 2009 at 09:34 AM (336 Views)
This song has been stuck in my head since school today; I danced it 6 times with my Kdg-2nd graders. Knees Up is an aerobic combination of fast random skipping, hopping on one foot, hopping on the other, and spinning round and round X 3. When they are done (the kids) they collapse in the circle in the middle and put one hand on their chest and hold the other fist in the and pump it in rhythm to their heart rate! (cheap heartrate moniter) Next week we're doing "The Bouncer" which is an excellent dance for one who Bobinates! Okay...now down to the important stuff...my workout for the day....as shoddy as it was....

1) 1 hour Pilates Class- This was a new teacher from the west-side. I arrived to the gym 15 minutes early. I pulled out a mat, parked it in the far corner and laid face down on it and fell asleep. I was awakened by an annoyingly high pitched cheerleader-like voice saying "Breathe in, release through your mouth in 10 controlled parts!" I must have slept through the first part of the warm-up or at least the explanation. At this point I really needed a tall black Starbucks to work up any motivation for this class(like that's gonna happen in a gym). Instead I just plunged forward and maintained my snarky bad attitude and tried to hold my own.
This teacher had a sick love for the pilates ring. For 40 minutes my legs were up in a 75 degree angle squeezing that sucker together....it hurt. The other 20 minutes it was between our hands and maintaining the same squeeze...owwee! Oh, somehow she also managed to fit 30 push-ups in too.
I am really beginning to dislike pilates!

SWIMMING: I must have really been tired today cause I went home after the above mentioned class and fell asleep on the couch. I woke up and realized I'd have to HURRY to make it to NASTI'S practice....so I jetted off to the pool. I was late and had no time for warm-up laps, so I just dove in and did what was left as hard as I could. Here is how it went:

1) 4 X 200 Free on 3:45
2) 6 X 125 on 2:15
3) Super 500/All Free
4) 300 Backstroke cooldown

After practice I had dinner (9:00 pm) and grabbed my mac book to post this blog however I fell asleep before I couuld press the "post now" button.
Happy dreams,

Bob

Submit "Knees Up Mother Brown" to Digg Submit "Knees Up Mother Brown" to del.icio.us Submit "Knees Up Mother Brown" to StumbleUpon Submit "Knees Up Mother Brown" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're a talented napper! I'm envious.

Do you do Pilates regularly? Do they usually use the ring so much?