View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Gettin' Twitchy Wed., Feb 11

Rate this Entry
by , February 11th, 2009 at 03:45 PM (1694 Views)
SCM, solo:

Warm up:

400 swim
200 kick
150 fly drills

Rest of Warm up:

2 x (2 x 25 build free + 25 easy)

2 x (2 x 25 easy speed fly + 25 easy)

50 EZ

2 x (2 x 25 AFAP + 50 EZ)

100 EZ

Total: 1250 meters

Taper News:

Was trying to do sort of a meet warm up. Meet warm ups confuse me. Sometimes I feel stale/haven't got the cobwebs out on my first event and sometimes I'm fine without too much warm up. Never sure how much to do. Glad I'm starting my meet out with 100s each day though.

I'm guardedly optimistic about the hip. It feels better, though still sore. Dr. Jimby is right that these things take a long time to heal.

Still holding at congestion only, haven't lapsed into the sinusitis/bronchitis malaise I've been so prone to in the past.

Felt pretty good in the water today. Decent DPS, fly felt good.

After no running or spinning for almost 3 weeks, I'm starting to feel like a gooey Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Haven't really set any time goals. Unlike many, I don't usually set specific goals, although I may have general goals (do PBs) or reach goals (like to bust out another good 100 IM time) in mind. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a .99 a couple times. I do plan to take my 100 back and 100 fly out a bit faster. If I die like the drop dead sprinter that I am, that's OK.

Submit "Gettin' Twitchy  Wed., Feb 11" to Digg Submit "Gettin' Twitchy  Wed., Feb 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Gettin' Twitchy  Wed., Feb 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gettin' Twitchy  Wed., Feb 11" to Google

Updated February 12th, 2009 at 03:12 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments

If I die like the drop dead sprinter that I am, that's OK.
    No dying.
    3 laps fast, 1 lap FAF AFAP.
    That's what I'll say to myself when the burn hits.
    Have fun this weekend. I'm still frantically trying to train for this weekend...
    Take slow deep breaths, you only have to make a couple more days.

I rolled myself last night and found a new muscle. No idea what it is called or why it was sore, but I thought "Hey, Fort would love to hear about me crying on the floor at the discovery of a new muscle." Quite sore.

Glad that you are slowly recovering from that pain in the ass Jim seems to be such an expert on.
    Thanks Jules and Q. Good luck in Richmond! Tell The Little Devil good luck in the 400 IM.

That roller is a torture device. I'm suspending further use of it now until after the meet. Trying to take deep breaths. It's not quite as bad as I remember last time. The urge to run is dampened somewhat by the hip and cold.