View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

Wednesday Feb 11

Rate this Entry
by , February 12th, 2009 at 08:37 AM (894 Views)
Last night I hit the weights for the first time since the back injury. I'm not ready to hit the lower body hard core yet and not sure I want to try the weight circuit I was doing when I hurt myself so I stuck with light upper body weights.

45 minutes of spin class - more like 50 she kept us long.

Thursday night is kick night - my hope/plan is to get a solid 1200-1500 kick in. Hopefully a mix of flutter and dolphin. We'll see ...

Submit "Wednesday Feb 11" to Digg Submit "Wednesday Feb 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday Feb 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday Feb 11" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The dolphin kick hurts my back and core when I do it but afterwards....I usually feel much better than I did before!

Good luck.
    hi Fly Queen!

Does kicking really improve your swimming that much?
    I am curious because I never do seperate kicking but my swimming sure could use alot of improvement!
    Do you kick with fins or without?
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

bobinator
    This summer I did a TON of kick - almost never with fins. And almost never with a board. I think it is the main reason why I dropped a bunch of time. My events are all sprints so kick is very important.

When I do kick workouts I do them similarly to my usual swim workouts - distance kick, fast kick, short sprints, etc.

As you have probably read on the threads kick both up and down - loose feet/ankles etc.