View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Feb. 13

Rate this Entry
by , February 13th, 2009 at 10:49 PM (1374 Views)
Flew to Atlanta and drove down to Auburn. All went very smoothly, except hip sore from all the sitting. Drove out to the Aquatic Center. Did about 700 yards to loosen up and took a hot shower for about 20 minutes. Facility flaw: no whirlpool. Pool looks fast. Was told the competition pool opened at 6:00. It didn't, had to leave I will meet the bulkhead for the first time tomorrow in the 50 free. Good thing that's my "6th event." I observed widespread fin use by the mens and Womens college team. The senior age groupers who practiced after were doing timed swims with fins from the blocks.

Had dinner with friends. Will sleep in and go early to warm up since I'm in Event one, Heat one.

Submit "Friday, Feb. 13" to Digg Submit "Friday, Feb. 13" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Feb. 13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Feb. 13" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Glad your trip went well! Best of luck this weekend!
    Gosh, I've never seen the AU or kiddie team use any fins any time I was down there. Sorry to have missed it!
    Good luck, Fort.

Show the kiddos how it's done.
    I've never seen anyone go off the blocks with fins either, Puff. That's why it caught my attention. Couldn't resist mentioning it!

Thx Dave!
    Good luck today and tomorrow.
    I've done sprints off the blocks using fins and they are really fast and fun. I only did 4 of them and they bothered my hip, so you might want to wait until that is feeling normal. It's also nice to have someone to help you get up on the blocks until you get used to walking up stairs in fins.

Hope you are having a great meet.

--mj