View RSS Feed

Mike's Rocky Mountain Blog

Sometimes you just have to laugh!

Rate this Entry
by , February 16th, 2009 at 12:00 AM (785 Views)
If you've been reading my blog lately, you'll know that I've been a little down lately. Well, the bad news is that it got worse today. The good news is that I believe I may have bottomed out this morning.

So I went to early church service and planned to go directly to one of the nicer pools to get a good sprint workout in (ah! wide lanes, cool water)...they were closed. Oh well, Mulberry Pool is just down the road and, although the showers aren't as nice, it has a hot tub...oops...not open until noon. OK, I'll just go to the health club and see if I can still make "adult lap swim". Yippee, I made it...still over an hour until the dreaded "Open" swim with kids jumping in your lane and throwing balls" into the lap lanes. I get dressed in the locker room, excited to get my workout in, albeit in a narrow laned, warm pool. Oh look, the "Open" swimmers decided to show up early.

I put in about 600 yards maneuvering around kickboards, pool toys, and oblivious parents before cashing in. I thought about stopping to lecture about the definition of "adult lap swim" but, given my recent mood, thought better of it. I did mention to the staff on the way out that I shouldn't have to enforce their rules and should be able to get my workout at the gym for what I pay for a family membership.

What do I have to do to get a workout?

I'll try again at the masters workout in the morning.

Cheers!

Submit "Sometimes you just have to laugh!" to Digg Submit "Sometimes you just have to laugh!" to del.icio.us Submit "Sometimes you just have to laugh!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sometimes you just have to laugh!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments