View RSS Feed

A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming

A short run

Rate this Entry
by , February 16th, 2009 at 12:29 AM (572 Views)
I usually take Sunday as a rest day but a couple friends invited me to join them for a run (and breakfast after) this morning. How could I refuse an invitation from 2 young, beautiful women.

We ran on the treadmills at the gym. In all the years I was a runner I had never trained on a treadmill so this was an interesting experience. I started by walking about 1/4 mi then went to a slow jog for a mile, walked 1/4, then another mile at a slightly faster pace, walked another 1/4, then a mile at the same pace as the previous one. Then walked another 1/4 to cool down. This is the first time I have ran in over 4 years.

Then off to the Coffee Mug for breakfast. What a pleasant way to spend a Sunday morning.

I'll probably be sore and feel like tomorrow.

Submit "A short run" to Digg Submit "A short run" to del.icio.us Submit "A short run" to StumbleUpon Submit "A short run" to Google

Updated February 16th, 2009 at 08:41 AM by poolraat

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You need to run outside! Treadmills make you feel like a rat in a cage! Outside you can breathe fresh air, collect vitamin d from the sun, and hear/see mother nature in action, all while getting a workout!
    Yesterday morning was cold and windy so I was just fine with staying inside on a treadmill. Plus, since I quit running a long time ago I no longer have the proper gear for cold weather running. If I continue to run I will get what I need for weather since you're right about feeling like "a rat in a cage".