View RSS Feed

david.margrave

running

Rate this Entry
Starting running for the summer with three miles through downtown Seattle yesterday. I intended to start running gradually (1 mile first day, rest a few days, then 2 miles, rest, etc), but I was running with a group from work and wanted to stick it out. My legs are sore but thankfully shins and knees feel just fine. We go again next monday.

Also my group is again not going to have workouts this summer, so I'll be scraping by at other pools, hopefully more than the once-a-week swim I did last summer. Our final two Spring 2011 workouts are tomorrow and friday.

No word yet for this summer on the organized coached saturday workouts at Seattle's sole 50m outdoor pool.

Submit "running" to Digg Submit "running" to del.icio.us Submit "running" to StumbleUpon Submit "running" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good to see you back blogging and on the forums!

There's a guy who started blogging about 6-8 months ago, he's in the Seattle area, and he both swims and runs (I think he does triathlons). Maybe you know him, but even if not, it wouldn't be a bad idea to look at his blog too--
    http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?u=17937

I don't see anything wrong with starting with 3 miles and gradually increasing from there, so long as nothing majorly hurts. I'd do at least something running related before Monday though.
    When I re-started running, I started with around 2 to 2-1/2 miles (the distance to make a loop between 2 roads along a canal near home).

You may also want to look into dailymile.com. It is a running/triathlon-focused website kinda like the FLOGs here, except your entries are interactive. I love the graphing and stats over there. If you do join, I'm aztimm there too.
    Our final two Spring 2011 workouts are tomorrow and friday.
    I'm going to try to swim on Friday seeing how it's the last day and all...

No word yet for this summer on the organized coached saturday workouts at Seattle's sole 50m outdoor pool.
    I was just about to email someone about this yesterday. I hope these workouts go this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    There's a guy who started blogging about 6-8 months ago, he's in the Seattle area, and he both swims and runs (I think he does triathlons). Maybe you know him, but even if not, it wouldn't be a bad idea to look at his blog too--
    http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?u=17937
    "a guy" - not to be confused in any way with "That Guy"....

I'm hoping to fit in a couple workouts at Colman Pool this summer, too.

Now for the unsolicited advice:
    Don't wait until next week to run again! Rest for a day or two and run again. It doesn't have to be 3 miles, but running 3-4 times a week will be easier on your body than running once a week.
    Indeed, I have never blogged because I have little to say that is of any value.

Good to see you're back David!
    The GLAD website has been updated with Colman info:

The 2011 workout schedule is set for Colman Pool. The team will meet at Colman in West Seattle from 6:30a-8:00a on Saturday mornings in place of our Evans Pool workout. Remaining scheduled dates are:

May 28
    June 4
    June 11
    June 18
    June 25
    July 2

We will consider other dates in July and August based on the turnout we get in the first six weeks! The drop-in fee remains the same - $9. We hope to see you there!