View RSS Feed

flippergirl

My first time getting up at the crack of dawn....

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
by , February 18th, 2009 at 10:34 AM (1519 Views)
Had a terrrible dream that I couldn't get to the pool...got to the wrong pool...got lost in a crazy mish mosh building with stairways and elevators full of people from my past...then bingo I popped up right at 6, the time I had planned. Still got there late and took my glasses with me so I could read the sheet. Whatddaya know I stepped on them going to get the kickboard. Oh well I needed a new pair anyway. Everybody like busy bees doing their routines and a quick chat with the coach.
Pull 400 (75 free (5 breath) 25 stroke
Kick 4 X 100
Pull 300 (75 free (5th) 25 stroke
Kick 4X75
Pull 200 choice
Kick 4 X 50
Pull 25 stk 25 free (100)?
Kick 4 X 25
Interval timing on all with rest
Checked the times on some of my strokes
Back 50 48 sec
IM 100 1:45
Breast 50 not so good I can do better. I am wishy washy on my stroke. Old style ? new style...not clear what to do.
I think I can do better than this under pressure plus as a dive. Getting ready for my Feb 28 event. I am going to do 1000 free, 50 free, 100 IM!

Submit "My first time getting up at the crack of dawn...." to Digg Submit "My first time getting up at the crack of dawn...." to del.icio.us Submit "My first time getting up at the crack of dawn...." to StumbleUpon Submit "My first time getting up at the crack of dawn...." to Google

Updated February 18th, 2009 at 10:50 AM by flippergirl (posted before finished out of know where? I hit something wrong both times by accident wil try to type more carefully)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Paige, here are some basic RC exercises you should definitely do on a regular basis.

http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/D...ainbow&Lang=en

I do exercise #2 with 3 pound hand weights. I also do an exercise where I lay on my stomach, lift my chest off the ground and squeeze the shoulder blades together. You can do this with 3 pound weights with hands at your side.

Light lifting on the machines should help too.
    Congratulations on your first morning practice - I wish I could get in a swim in the morning - enjoy your team!
    Fortress,
    That is really good information above for shoulder injury. If I am honest I will say that my shoulders are in a lot of pain as I tried some way over my bodies abilities to whip and pull stroke after the practice. That video of you is so inspiring. I just bought some stretch bands. I want to go to the practice tommorow to keep my commitment to training. I hope it is safe for me to go back into the pool. Does any one have and suggestions?