View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, June 3, 2011 5:00am

Rate this Entry
Nothing too special. Just a nice and easy swim before the meet starts this afternoon.

Warmup:
200 Free
100 Kick
200 Pull
200 Fly Drill
100 Kick
200 Pull

300 Free @ 4:00 nothing tough, holding 1:15 per 100s
200 Free @ 2:40
100 Free @ 1:20

300 Free Pull @ 4:30 same here 1:15s/100
200 Free Pull @ 3:00
100 Fly went 1:05 about 80% effort

-----------------
2200 Yards

I've got to swim the 1500 frickin' LCM about 4:00pm today (about 8 hours away). I haven't done one since I was 18 years old. I never liked it then, and I'm sure I still don't like it now!! No online seeding or heatsheets have been given out. Only the timeline that shows 102 entrants in the 1500. Hopefully I'm in the Top 20 so I can get done by the 2nd heat. I don't want to be waiting around all evening...though I could just go back to my house a mile away.

Submit "Friday, June 3, 2011 5:00am" to Digg Submit "Friday, June 3, 2011 5:00am" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, June 3, 2011 5:00am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, June 3, 2011 5:00am" to Google

Comments

  1. The Fortress's Avatar
    Good luck! Don't take it out fast!
  2. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Good luck! Don't take it out fast!
    Don't have to tell me more than 1 time! I think my plan is to settle into 1:14/1:15 per 100 after a 1:07/1:12 first 200. 1:15s will put me around 18:45 or so. I entered 18:56.
  3. pwb's Avatar
    Good luck. I'm one 1500 ahead of you in that I did one in the summer of 2009. I'll do my 2nd Masters' 1500 in two weeks. What worked well for me on my 800 was to give my daughter the lap counter my target split at the 400 alone and I just had her shake the counter at that point. I always used to get depressed in the midst of a bad distance swim when I'd fall off pace early and the damn lap counter person kept shaking the damn counter every lap ... as if I didn't already know I was going to slow.
  4. tjrpatt's Avatar
    wow, you usually don't do this much before a meet, let alone the day of the meet. hope you aren't there too long, that drive home is going to be insane.
  5. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    wow, you usually don't do this much before a meet, let alone the day of the meet. hope you aren't there too long, that drive home is going to be insane.
    I know, I made up for it by doing MAYBE 200 in the deep tank about 5 minutes prior to diving in for the 1500.
    And a 50 cooldown.
  6. Viva O Fear's Avatar
    1500 the Grandest swims on the planet. I love them. I always had better short course times in the 1650, I sure do like the long pool with all those laps. Enjoy feel the karma.
  7. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Good luck. I'm one 1500 ahead of you in that I did one in the summer of 2009. I'll do my 2nd Masters' 1500 in two weeks. What worked well for me on my 800 was to give my daughter the lap counter my target split at the 400 alone and I just had her shake the counter at that point. I always used to get depressed in the midst of a bad distance swim when I'd fall off pace early and the damn lap counter person kept shaking the damn counter every lap ... as if I didn't already know I was going to slow.
    My masters coach was there, and I told her just to count but not worry about any pace. I did tell her my goal pace, but if I fell of the train, I wasn't getting back on it.
  8. jaadams1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva O Fear
    1500 the Grandest swims on the planet. I love them. I always had better short course times in the 1650, I sure do like the long pool with all those laps. Enjoy feel the karma.
    I like the 1650 a lot better than the 1500. It was nice at the beginning with the long lengths, but about 1000-1200 into it I wanted to drown myself to see if the lifeguard was paying attention!