View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Friday 1500

Rate this Entry
I made it!! I conquered my fear. It's been about 15 years since I've done a LCM 1500, and I know why now. It may be another 15 years before I think about it again! (kidding...at least not till next year though)

I swam a 2200 yard practice this morning at 5:00am which is way more than I usually do the day before/of a meet, so I guess I'm "swimming right thru" this one. My distance free always does better when I put in more yardage (imagine that!), which I have been doing over the past few weeks.

Well, tonight I was the 13th overall seed in the 1500. It was mixed gender and I think only 3 girls were seeded ahead of me. I'll have to check the final results to see how many chicked me in the end.

Here are the splits (stopwatch):

32.3/35.9 (1:08.3)
36.9/36.7 (2:22.0)
37.4/37.4
37.5/37.9 (4:52.2) - 3 sec. slower than my 400 from 3 weeks ago
38.1/38.0
38.1/38.5
38.0/38.3
38.5/38.3 (9:58.1)
38.3/38.0
38.7/38.3
38.4/38.6
38.6/38.5
38.6/38.8
38.2/37.9
37.2/36.4 (18:52.60)

My entry time was 18:56 which was an educated guess from the conversion of SCY 18:07 + about :20-:30 or so. I think I was 2nd or 3rd in my heat, which was nice. The kid next to me was back and forth for about the first 500 and then he fell back quickly. I even lapped a few of the outside lanes, which gave me enough time for about a 50 of cooldown (which isn't adequate, but will suffice!). My triceps and lats are saying OUCH right now, so I know I did good.

I was very happy with my consistency. I wanted to hold 1:15s, but 1:16s will work. I got my LMSC record for both the 800 and 1500 LCM frees, so I did good. That means I don't have to swim either of these again this year. Very nice!!

Tomorrow, I've got about 5 hours of overtime work to do in the morning before I head over to the pool for a long session.
Tomorrow, I have the 100 Free, 50 Fly, 200 Fly, and 200 Breast. I'm the #3 seed in the 50 Fly! All the other events are going to be tough, but fun. I like being at a meet right here at home.

Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Friday 1500" to Digg Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Friday 1500" to del.icio.us Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Friday 1500" to StumbleUpon Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Friday 1500" to Google

Updated June 3rd, 2011 at 10:34 PM by jaadams1

Categories
Swim Workouts , Meets , Daily Practices

Comments

Well done! I have my first ever, so PR whatever happens, 1500 LCM in 3 weeks. No worries over you being chicked by me though, the target time is 22.30.

Make sure you post your 200 fly time - including splits . I might aim for a time of 4x your final 50.
    Consistent splits! Good luck tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by couldbebetterfly
    Well done! I have my first ever, so PR whatever happens, 1500 LCM in 3 weeks. No worries over you being chicked by me though, the target time is 22.30.

Make sure you post your 200 fly time - including splits . I might aim for a time of 4x your final 50.
    I'm pretty sure I beat all the girls in the event, so that makes me happy...I'll just confirm it tomorrow on the official results.

200 Fly...Done...will do. May even try to get a video.
    Quote Originally Posted by gdanner
    Consistent splits! Good luck tomorrow!
    I know!!! Even I pretty much said the same thing when I got out and saw it on paper. It felt like I was going faster one direction vs. the other, but the splits don't lie. Sure hurt like hell though!!

Tomorrow will be a piece of compared to tonight!
    Awesome swim, but only a 50 cool-down is going to feel special tomorrow.
    Sweet, now I have a goal time for my 1500. If I can maintain a 1:20 pace I think I can avoid getting virtually lapped. Congrats on your swim!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Sweet, now I have a goal time for my 1500. If I can maintain a 1:20 pace I think I can avoid getting virtually lapped. Congrats on your swim!
    1:20 should put you about a minute behind me, so no virtual lapping at least by me. And like tjrpatt, I'm NOT out there fishing for another opportunity to swim the stinkin' 1500 LCM again!
    Good luck with your 1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Awesome swim, but only a 50 cool-down is going to feel special tomorrow.
    Yesterday I just didn't have the time to do a lot of cooldown. I completed my race just before 5:00, and knew I had to get home to prepare kids dinner (I cheated and got McNuggets).
    I did do lots of stretching last night and in the warm shower, and this morning I actually don't feel that bad. My body does feel a little extra tired though, almost like I did something yesterday that I'm not used to!
    At least I know the 200 Fly today will be easier than the 1500 was.
    nice 1500 & 800, Did you do a split request for your 800?

might help you to swim your first 4 50's a bit easier then settle into a slightly faster HOLD pace sooner

maybe you could have held all your 50's under 38 &
    had an even stronger finish at the end
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    nice 1500 & 800, Did you do a split request for your 800?

might help you to swim your first 4 50's a bit easier then settle into a slightly faster HOLD pace sooner

maybe you could have held all your 50's under 38 &
    had an even stronger finish at the end
    Yeah, I got it for the 800.
    I find it really tough to go "easy", and even when I am going easy, the splits still come out fast. If I go so easy that it feels like a cool down, then I feel like a wimp!
    I don't think I could've held much under 38 per 50 anyway. It was very tough as it was.