View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Saturday's Results

Rate this Entry
Today was a looooong day. Warmups were at 11:00am, with the afternoon session starting at 12:00pm. It's 8:00pm right now. The only thing that saved me was the 2 1/2 hours after the 100 Free that I spent at home staying out of the sun.
All my events in USA-S I swim as exhibition so as to not take away any placing points or awards from the kids/teams. I'm just swimming for the times.

My 1500 from last night I was the 5th fastest time (and was not chicked).

100 LCM Free: 1:00.10 (previous best 1:00.11) BEST TIME!! NEW LMSC RECORD (by .01)
28.5/31.6
Was 12th place (I was chicked by 1 female - Shari Hart, 40 yrs old from the PNA - 59.96 Good job to her!!
Going out I felt great, but coming home I was breathing every stroke, and my legs were burning on the last 25. Wanted under a minute soooo bad.

50 LCM Fly: 28.87 (previous best 29.00) BEST TIME!! NEW LMSC RECORD (by .13)
Was 5th place
I found that as long as I kept my head down I was fast...whenever I took a breath I could feel the brakes being applied. Still a fast swim.

200 LCM Fly: 2:26.62 (previous best 2:32.08) BEST TIME!! NEW LMSC RECORD (by 5.5 sec.)
Was 8th Place - chicked by 1 sixteen year old - 2:26.56 - (.06 ahead of me)
31.9/36.9/39.0/39.0
My splits tell it all. It felt great. I took it out a second slower than the previous two times, and ended up bringing the back half home strong with a 6 second drop. Yippie!!
(Not sure if the slower 1st 100 or the Cheeseburger, Chips, and Mountain Dew from the concession stand did the trick to make me swim a faster race)
I have a video that only has the 2nd 100 of the race (I'm in the RED CAP)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niPlXBS9ZRU"]YouTube - ‪6-4-11 200 Fly (2nd 100) Apple Capital USA-S meet‬‏[/nomedia])

200 LCM Breast: 3:00.13 (2 sec. slower that last year)
didn't get the splits
don't know what place (don't care either)
chicked by as many as possible.

This last event (for me) was completed at 7:30pm or so. They had the 400 Free after the breaststrokes, and it was schueduled to end close to 10:00pm!! Very long day, and at least I was able to get home in the middle of it for a little R & R.

Tomorrow is a lot shorter day, and I will be swimming:
50 Free, 100 Fly, 200 IM, & 200 Free

Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Saturday's Results" to Digg Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Saturday's Results" to del.icio.us Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Saturday's Results" to StumbleUpon Submit "Apple Capital Meet (USA-S) Saturday's Results" to Google

Updated June 5th, 2011 at 11:57 AM by jaadams1

Categories
Swim Workouts , Meets , Daily Practices

Comments

Great job on your 200 fly! You may be learning how to swim the event. Well according to my "signs of the apocalypse" quick reference card, it is now time to move to Canada. Later, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Great job on your 200 fly! You may be learning how to swim the event. Well according to my "signs of the apocalypse" quick reference card, it is now time to move to Canada. Later, eh?
    End of the world??? I can't believe I have now played a major role in causing that to happen. I apologize dearly.

The good news on the 200 Fly for me: Now the 3 courses best times (SCY, SCM, LCM) all convert relatively close to each other:
    SCY 2:07.12
    SCM 2:24.22
    LCM 2:26.62
    you can't get chicked if you aren't in the same heat or they don't swim the heats mixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    you can't get chicked if you aren't in the same heat or they don't swim the heats mixed.
    200 Fly was mixed, as well as the 200 Breast.
    100 Free was separate, I was just giving a little to Shari Hart. Her and I trade off wins in the 100 Free every now and then.
    Great swimming!!
    James,

Awesome swims. The 50 fly is smoking! I think your 200 fly can be notably faster if you can just way slow down that 1st 50. Not that I'm perfect, but I really try to feel like I'm almost loafing that 1st 50 ... and even then I'm usually out too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Oh, yes you can ... at least in my definition: any meet where I swim the same event as a woman (or in USAS meets, a girl!) and the woman/girl beat me, I got chicked. So, for example, as happy as I was with my 800 last weekend, knowing that a 15 year old female teammate of my daughter beat me by 10 seconds left me in a temporary state of 'getting chicked depression.'
    Well done - particulary on that 200 fly. There is no way I'm going to finish in 4 x 39 secs errrr that's like 2.36 particularly as my PR LCM from way back is around the 1.20 mark!
    Thank you to all! I didn't keep track of the "getting chicked" on Sunday's events. This was a long weekend, and I'm glad I was only 2 miles to get home.
    Lot of events
    sucks to get chicked

nice 100 LCM Free 28.5/31.6 is a 3 sec fade, consider being a touch easier on the 1st 50 to finish faster on 2nd
    you'll get under 1:00
    Shari Hart's fast

nice 50 Fly
    yep, breathe less

way to go on your 200 Fly
    2:26.62 is tough,
    keep last 3 50's the same
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Lot of events
    sucks to get chicked

nice 100 LCM Free 28.5/31.6 is a 3 sec fade, consider being a touch easier on the 1st 50 to finish faster on 2nd
    you'll get under 1:00
    Shari Hart's fast

nice 50 Fly
    yep, breathe less

way to go on your 200 Fly
    2:26.62 is tough,
    keep last 3 50's the same
    Thanks for the critique. I may or may not get a chance at the 100 again. We have another "home" meet in July, but with my work schedule, I may not get to train at all for it.
    The 200 Fly I was very happy with, and again, I don't know that I can get out much slower the 1st 100. I will swim it against That Guy (our first head 2 head duel) in quite some time, I think since last November. Hope you're ready That Guy!!