2 x 50 back
1 x 100 back

100 EZ

2 x (fast 50 fly + easy 50)
1 x (50 fly @ 100 pace & 100 breathing + 50 EZ

Total: 2800 m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

Journeyed to MD again today. This time to the outdoor LCM pool in Rockville MD (only 25 minutes). Met up with Julie Roddin and Susan Williams. Julie brought me Luna bars. Julie swam with Susan and I during warm up, and then wisely ditched us for her Bay buddies who seem like they can swim forever. I swam the main sets with Susan who, as many may know, has mad skillz at back and SDK. Wow, pretty cool swimming with someone my own kind and my own speed! Susan loves the alpha fins. I keep forgetting that I own these and should probably try them for swimming (not kicking). There was no pace clock. Susan and I took a fair bit of rest on the main sets. I suck at long course, so I'm feeling pretty tired after that.

I pulled my blog a couple days ago after all the nastiness and moral superiority (gah) on the sandbag thread. I personally don't care whether swimmers manipulate their seed times for any reason. And I do love our fiesty forum with a lot of debate & trash talking. But I don't need to be called an immoral cheater by the likes of Stillwater, et al. And having spoken to more women on FB, they feel the same way I do about mixed gender meets. What a shocker! Friends persuaded me to take my blog (always bereft of that crap) off invisible. Hopefully, everyone can stick to making fun of my workouts or my fins or my height or whatever else you can think of!

Submit "Retry, Swim w/my Ilk, Tuesday, June 7" to Digg Submit "Retry, Swim w/my Ilk, Tuesday, June 7" to del.icio.us Submit "Retry, Swim w/my Ilk, Tuesday, June 7" to StumbleUpon Submit "Retry, Swim w/my Ilk, Tuesday, June 7" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i enjoy your blog. as a new swimmer you inspire me everyday. i like when it comes across my email!
    please keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by magick17
    i enjoy your blog. as a new swimmer you inspire me everyday. i like when it comes across my email!
    please keep it up.
    Thank you so much! These kinds of comments are what keep me blogging.
    Hopefully, everyone can stick to making fun of my workouts or my fins or my height or whatever else you can think of!
    Who would do such a thing?
    Is Susan Williams SDC? I don't think I know who Susan Williams is, but I am glad you had a fast workout buddy for a change instead of that sharkbait that you usually workout with.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Who would do such a thing?
    Most of my friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Is Susan Williams SDC? I don't think I know who Susan Williams is, but I am glad you had a fast workout buddy for a change instead of that sharkbait that you usually workout with.
    Susan = http://www.usms.org/comp/tt/toptenin...wimmerID=036ZU. She's back to competing the last couple years after a few years off.

I know, I suck to swim with.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I know, I suck to swim with.
    I think it would be a little frustrating to be beaten by you on every 50. Speedo does win some, but he is about 5 seconds faster than me in the 50, so I think I will keep skipping the Oak Marr sprint specials.

I need to find out if sharkbait actually made it back in one piece, since I only know he survived the first day. I do know that his girls better like fish, because that is all they will be eating this summer.