View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Sunday, Starlight Meet Results (USA-S) LCM

Rate this Entry
Well...I'm exhausted. This day was tough, even though I only had to work 4.5 hours beforehand.
My legs are just shot. I have no cardio. I'm starting to sound like a sprinter... But I did suck it up and swim all my events...not the greatest, but I did swim them. I think I may have swum about 10-12 times since my last meet a month ago also...

200 Free - (2:15.47) 30/34/36/34 or so
3 seconds slower than my meet 4 weeks ago in Corvallis, though it was good enough for a 10th place ribbon (and NO there weren't only 10 people in the event...) My legs hurt so bad on the 3rd length.

100 Back - (1:14.99) 36/38
This was my first time in the 100 Back LCM as a master swimmer, so a best time! Yippie! I actually felt good, and the clouds came out just in time for the backstroke races!!

50 Free - (27.91) about a 1/2 second slow.
I'm not a sprinter. At least I was first place among all athletes over 20 years of age.

200 Fly - (2:43.57) 34/40/43/46**
**SPECIAL NOTE: I did stop at the 150 point and hang on the wall for 10 seconds to talk to the official about the weather...so my last 50 split was approx. a 36 or so. A much needed rest though. I knew I was going to do something like this ahead of time, just not sure when and how often or how much break time. But as long as you hang onto the wall, you can't be DQ'd.
I'm actually surprised that I showed up at the blocks for the race. My "coach" wouldn't allow me to skip it, said I had to be a good role model for the age group kids on the local club team.
It was also good enough for another 10th place ribbon (out of 13 athletes).

Submit "Sunday, Starlight Meet Results (USA-S) LCM" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Starlight Meet Results (USA-S) LCM" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Starlight Meet Results (USA-S) LCM" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Starlight Meet Results (USA-S) LCM" to Google

Comments

**SPECIAL NOTE: I did stop at the 150 point and hang on the wall for 10 seconds to talk to the official about the weather
    Love it! Wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Love it! Wonderful.
    I'm sure it was a good laugh for you!!
    You need to start a log of all your oddball races. You know, reverse 1000 IMs, taking rest stops in the middle of races, etc.!

A guy at the Gil Young meet swam the 1500 by doing the first 50 freestyle (crawl) and the remaining 1450 all backstroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'm sure it was a good laugh for you!!
    I watched the 200 fly at our meet on Saturday. Just finishing that is more than I'll ever do, and I'd bet a good percentage of masters swimmers.

And even with your so-called break, I think your 200 fly would still be faster than my 200 free, without a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    You need to start a log of all your oddball races. You know, reverse 1000 IMs, taking rest stops in the middle of races, etc.!

A guy at the Gil Young meet swam the 1500 by doing the first 50 freestyle (crawl) and the remaining 1450 all backstroke.
    The rest stop was planned, but only if needed. And by the end of the 3rd 50, it was very much needed, and appreciated. If I hadn't have stopped for the rest, I might have had to do 1-arm fly near the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I watched the 200 fly at our meet on Saturday. Just finishing that is more than I'll ever do, and I'd bet a good percentage of masters swimmers.

And even with your so-called break, I think your 200 fly would still be faster than my 200 free, without a break.
    I think that all this competition with the age groupers in the USA-S meets this summer has humbled me a little bit. It will be a big change to go back to a Masters meet again.