View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Tuesday Edition: Sunday Night Movie Feature Extraordinaire

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Whereas I have written, or perhaps overwritten, the introductory section of my forthcoming treatise on soy and the quiveringly buxom male body....

Whereas my gray matter, no doubt fast losing its myelin sheathing and hence less gray than once said matter was, needs recharging for tomorrow's continuing efforts...

Whereas the superb PBS science show NOVA is broadcasting an episode, entitled "Rat Attack!", which I have been looking forward to watching for weeks now...

Whereas this is being followed by a presidential address on the state of the US economy, an address that is likely to serve as a fitting sequel, "Rat Attack 2!"....

Whereas I am still coming to grips with the noxious sequellae of a tidbit my accountant told me about the likely reason for my audit, this being that in the waning moments of the previous Administration, the IRS was instructed, in essence, to forget going after hedge funds, because these were too complicated to understand, but instead concentrate their rapacious siphoning efforts on little people with schedule C's because it is virtually impossible not to extract easy money here....

Whereas my invitation to CreamPuff to share an In-n-Out experience at the next meet we both attend [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=13340"]How do you recover after a meet? - U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums[/ame] has me so addled with anticipation of a positive reply and anxiety-riddled over the prospect of a restraining order....

Whereas I managed to swim last night's entire workout of 500 warm up, 10 x 100 on 1:25, 4 x 100 on 1:20, 5 x 200 on 2:40, 2 x 500 on 6:40, 2 x 100 on 1:15, and 1 x 100 cool down on 1:30 without missing any send offs...

Whereas the sun is finally out and I can at last feel that A Tale of Two Jimbys is not 50 percent fraudulent...

I herewith premier the first of the Thornton Twins Sunday Night Movie Feature Extraordinaire:

A Tale of Two Jimbys

A humble little filmic homage to one Mr. Charles Dickens, another scrivener (albeit infinitely more successful) who, like me, wrote for money and vlogged for love...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_9Cd2D0NEs"]YouTube - Hoop Dee Doo with jim Thornton[/ame]

Submit "Tuesday Edition: Sunday Night Movie Feature Extraordinaire" to Digg Submit "Tuesday Edition: Sunday Night Movie Feature Extraordinaire" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday Edition: Sunday Night Movie Feature Extraordinaire" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday Edition: Sunday Night Movie Feature Extraordinaire" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

A better and more relevant retake on the Dickensian theme of violent social change is not likely to be seen in our lifetimes!
    Bravo Inhaler!
    Why, thank you very much, Mr. Scupperton. You, sir, are indeed a handsome genius!

I am wondering if you have any ideas as to why A Tale of Two Jimbys seems to be failing, so far, at the USMS Box Office?

Should I have contracted with a Mr. Bradford C. Pitt to play the before-soy Jimby? And a Mr. Angelina F. Jolie to play the after-soy Jimby?

Perhaps the next film might need to capitalize on star power.
    Grey matter does not have much myelin (mostly cell bodies); I do hope you are not demyelinating though--cuz that sucks.

Maybe you get Bruckheimer or Spielberg involved in the next film; Jolie with some profile nudity might be a nice touch or on your budget, one of the Smith's with natal clefts visible.
    I am hoping that the ongoing soy ingestion will allow me to put Angelina to shame in the breastal department. Thanks for the info on myelin. I thought it was the fatty sheathe that surrounded neurons and gave them a gray color. You know what that say about assuming, don't you? It makes an "ass" out of "u" and "ming." Kind of like the difference between a champ and a chimp: I.

Just finished swimming practice. I may not be demyelinating, but it is evident I am decompensating.

Downwards to fried oysters I now dip on extended toes.