View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Only loosening up today

Rate this Entry
by , August 3rd, 2011 at 03:36 PM (562 Views)
Another easy day in the water. Limited on energy and time today!

I am really stressed out in a receivor/trustee-of-a-trust case that is outside my usual appointments. Never a dull moment! But my husband says we are lucky to have every billable hour billed, and at my age, it is the right age to always be on the "short list" for special appointments. The key is to know which ones are good margin business. We always joke that being a bankruptcy trustee is the world's second oldest profession - someone has to die before they add anyone else to the panel.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back to the water:
SCM, Baylor Fitness Center
Jim Montgomery was coaching the noon workout, but I swam on my own.

400 warm up
100 kick
started 4 x 25 swim easy, but somehow I lost count and did 6 or 8. So then I just kept doing some more 25s, bobs, and then got out.
25 minutes total
light stretching

The End
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the link for the swim meet this weekend. Most of the fastest swimmers are at nationals or are done after Sectionals. Notice Brigette Heuer is swimming! It will be good to see her.

http://www.rockwallaquatics.com/

Submit "Only loosening up today" to Digg Submit "Only loosening up today" to del.icio.us Submit "Only loosening up today" to StumbleUpon Submit "Only loosening up today" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

my husband says we are lucky to have every billable hour billed ... the key is to know which ones are good margin business.
    So true. I've been in consulting my whole life and learned this early on. I am amazed some times when both my customers and some of my colleagues don't think about 'margin' and only think in terms of top-line revenues. Not all $$ of revenue are created equal.

Hope you get through the work stress.
    There's an attorney that everyone knows in our district. We all really like this person; on our holiday card list. But I swear, this person would make 2X as much money if she would take 1/2 as many cases - reducing error and geez never take cases where the people they owe money to are.....a long list of attorneys! We joke about having an intervention with her....