View RSS Feed

Swim like an Orca, but faster !

Times are a changing

Rate this Entry
by , August 9th, 2011 at 12:37 AM (456 Views)
Aquasol
7pm-8:30pm No Coach Janine

Warm 2x100FR, 200IM drill, 200K IM, 200P (800)
6x75 - Kick 50/Swim 25 - 2x(fly.bk,br) (450/1250)
10x100 FR 1:30 (Did 6)(600/1850)
senior coach stopped practice abruptly wtf?
100 -cool
Our Masters (and younger age grouper) coach has been out due to family emergencies, so when she's gone, the Masters group, which continues to dwindle to just a handful of swimmers, tends to be treated like the bald headed step-children. The Aquasol Swim team had to start there practice at 5:30PM with the younger kids, leaving the Seniors and the masters with the 7PM start time. They gave us the option of coming in at 5:30am, but that's when I'm leaving for work.
I literally came up on my 10x100 on the 7th one and the clock was un-plugged and being carried into the pump house.
I was hoping things would get better, that more good swimmers would show up and maybe we could have a team. Depending on what one might expect from a "Masters Swim Team or Group, its mostly a social group with one (or two) open water swimmers and the rest there for fitness. I like to compete, but it's hard to motivate myself especially when Im leaving the 45-49 age group next month
I like these blogs, its where I always return for motivation and inspiration, so if you read this far and your a regular blog celebrity, thank you.

Submit "Times are a changing" to Digg Submit "Times are a changing" to del.icio.us Submit "Times are a changing" to StumbleUpon Submit "Times are a changing" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments