View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Tuesday :( I'm glad it's over)

Rate this Entry
by , February 25th, 2009 at 09:44 AM (292 Views)
This was a long, hard day. Nothing terrible happened, I guess my karma was just out of sync.
After a day at work including 2 after-school committee mtgs. I went home.
Youngest daughter needed someone to help her with a motion photography project in the dark. We were using those light-up sticks and I had to move them in a certain way. (I had a hard time pleasing her but we got it done).
Nasti practice was late, 7:30 till 8:30 in Fishers.
I arrived a little late and missed the whole warm-up. I should have just got in a lane alone and done my own thing, but I wanted the social interaction.....bad call though.
I just couldn't get it together....I felt out of whac the whole practice. I think I should have stayed home.
Here it is anyway:

1)no warm-up (I probably would have done a 5 to 800 free)
2) 5 X 100 Free on 1:45 (10-15% slower than race pace)
3) 4 X 100-75-50-25 (100 always IM, 75 and 25 Stroke, 50 always Free)
4) Super 500- 25 done underwater (not me!)
5) Easy 500 cool-down
6) Extra 200 back cool-down for me

I will have a better practice tonight! In fact I think the whole day is going to be better!

Submit "Tuesday :( I'm glad it's over)" to Digg Submit "Tuesday :( I'm glad it's over)" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday :( I'm glad it's over)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday :( I'm glad it's over)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Motion photography, Cool! Kids get all the fun assignments sometimes.

Wonder what the various strokes would look like? Might be instructive (or horrifying....). A few years ago we saw the winter festival in Steamboat Springs, with the "lighted man" skiing down the town hill while clothed in light bulbs and a backpack spewing fireworks, with all the ski slope lights off.
    Sounds like an exhausting day that's for sure. I can't tell what the motion photography thing is. Long exposure and drawing shapes with a light stick? SOunds intriguing!