View RSS Feed

Swim like an Orca, but faster !

Weds Aug 17, 2011

Rate this Entry
by , August 18th, 2011 at 12:52 AM (1336 Views)
Aquasol - no Coach Janine
Coach Todd on anti-drown watch (he's busy with the kids)
5:30-7:10pm
Lane 2
I didnt have time to research a workout so I grabbed Tom's.(Thanks Tom, great workouts and inspiration)
(as you can tell, Im not very popular around here, I average 0 comments: due to slow
times, stealing workouts and generally whinning all the time. )
I know we have some very fast swimmers in the Pacific LSC, so
it would be awesome to see one or two blog here.

Warm 2/2/2 + 100fr (700)
Ladder set - done with the rests
50FR RI:05
100FR (50K/50swim) RI:10
200FR (100K/100swim) RI:20
250FR RI:25
300 (100K/200swim) RI:30
350FR RI:30
400 (100K/300swim) RI:20
400FR RI:10 (got tired of waiting)
350 (100K/200Swim) same
300FR
250 BK (100K/150Swim)
200BK
150BK (100K/50Swim)
100BK, 50BK (3450/4150)
50 cool

I just needed some distance and no fly for just one day.

My coach, Janine, who taught me backstroke, breaststroke, how to turn, when NOT to breath
and the proper way to fly, has been going through some very tough times lately...Appendicitis, and losing both parents this year...
Although my coach isn't a world class-collegiate-olympic star, my Coach is a star in my life...Giving, kind and patient, has taught hundreds of children and adults how to swim, who's "happy spot" is coaching young children and teen's (and whinning older adults). She give's me the option to give it all I got or just make the interval, plus with constant stroke correction and modifing the workout based on my times, has turned a aging man, into an aged grouper!
So, Ive been diligent lately to get in 2 solid gym days a week and 5 morning pilates/stretching when I wake up, plus at least 3 swim workouts in. Im focused on the upcoming short coarse season in my new aged group.

Submit "Weds Aug 17, 2011" to Digg Submit "Weds Aug 17, 2011" to del.icio.us Submit "Weds Aug 17, 2011" to StumbleUpon Submit "Weds Aug 17, 2011" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good workout, nice distance, I have a hard time getting water time to get that much distance in.
    A great coach really makes a difference!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva O Fear
    Good workout, nice distance, I have a hard time getting water time to get that much distance in.
    I always wonder how some people can do these workouts everyday...hope your situation changes to allow you more time...
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    A great coach really makes a difference!
    Of all the coaches I have experienced, Janine seems to have the intuition that's more than a "posted workout" coach.
    I often spend weekends at my sister's home just outside Sacramento. I treked over to the Sierra Marlins pool recently to check it out.... Most of our bloggers would die for a facility like it!

I'm hoping to drop in to one of their workouts soon.
    Let's connect and try to swim a technique session together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahelee Sue Osborn
    I often spend weekends at my sister's home just outside Sacramento. I treked over to the Sierra Marlins pool recently to check it out.... Most of our bloggers would die for a facility like it!

I'm hoping to drop in to one of their workouts soon.
    Let's connect and try to swim a technique session together!
    The Folsom (Lembi Aquatic Center) pool is really awesome, the water temp is constant year round. During the summer open rec swim (or kiddie time) they have 2-3 lanes just for lap swimmers, and a lap swim session before the kiddie session. http://www.folsom.ca.us/depts/parks_...uatic/fees.asp
    Saturday mornings they have Master workouts (Seniors take 4 lanes, Master's take 4), they alternate between SCY and LCM. Let me know in advance and I can meet you there someday.