View RSS Feed

The Labours of SwimStud

Wednesday like a river...

Rate this Entry
by , February 25th, 2009 at 10:59 PM (785 Views)
Good swim this morning although the pool was a bit too warm.

500 FR coach wanted 1:25 pace I got mine around 1:29 but that's good for me.
5 x 200 3:30 as:
EZ/HD
200/0
150/50
100/100
50/150
0/200

200 EZ
12 x 50 BR 1:00 BR every 4th fast
9 x 50 BR 1:05 BR every 3rd fast
6 x 50 BR 1:10 BR every other fast
4 x 50 BR 1:15 fast.
150 EZ

After a break I went and lifted...I went a little heavier today. Did the usual round of the machines...didn't risk my lower back by squatting or lunging around the gym...

Submit "Wednesday like a river..." to Digg Submit "Wednesday like a river..." to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday like a river..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday like a river..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Do you think the leg press machine protects your back?
    Bad leg press technique can cause a back strain too. You know, you're crunched up and then trying to press it out. So I try to focus on locking my core, not ballooning my stomach, and keeping the work in my thighs. I could squat, I came back from an injury when I was about 20 and was stronger on squats...but now I just eliminate the "wobble and over squat risk" by doing the leg press at a reasonable weight that doesn't make me strain. It's like 220-240 4 x 12-15. Also it's a Y gym and I'm not going to do weights or exercises than need me to get a spot from someone that may not be really clued in to what a spot is.
    Like I've said, I lift to supplement my swimming, not lifting for the sake of it. If I couldn't lift I wouldn't care. For my situation, there is usually a good way around my back injury via 2 different exercises or just not doing something that has higher risk.
    What is over squating? Going too close to the floor?
    Stud, you are a complete retard who knows nothing about lifting.

Just kidding. All good reasons to use machines.

Have you been catching my Chris Stevenson facts? I think I am up to #4. There is a book worth, I am sure.
    I've seen reference to those facts, Q. Can you repeat the first 3 though, just to refresh my recollection, which seems weaker and more retarded each day?
    Fort, I posted what I could find and remember in my visitor comments. I think our blog search is somewhat limited
    Q.. dude starta thread in NSR It'll be a hit.

I haven't been able to find them either Les.