View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Lazy Weekend, Aug 20-21

Rate this Entry
Spent a good chunk of the weekend watching swimming and chatting with friends at the Terrapin Cup at U of Md. Though it was a small meet, there were some very fast swims. Yesterday after the meet, I went with a friend to bikram yoga and dinner. Today, I went out to lunch after the meet with PV swimmer buddies and got caught in a deluge on the beltway. Had to then hustle to the grocery store and other errands before all family gets home tonight. I miss my Lil Fort after having her gone for a week!

Going to cram lots of workouts in the next 3 days and then go on a short trip to Rochester, MN -- my home town -- to visit my brother and his family for a few days. Mom Fort will also be there. I haven't been to my home town in ages; expect it to feel rather time warpy. My brother is intent on me doing his Insanity DVDs with him. I have warned him no warrior dashes or barefoot running (his current obsession) for me! The pool I swam in as a age grouper is still there. However, I cannot seem to find any bikram studios. This is the closest I can find: http://breatheyogastudios.com/. I'm wondering what hot detox yoga is ... Will have to call and inquire.

And Jeff Commings is blogging his path to the Olympic Trials. Should be good reading: http://commings.blogspot.com/.

Submit "Lazy Weekend, Aug 20-21" to Digg Submit "Lazy Weekend, Aug 20-21" to del.icio.us Submit "Lazy Weekend, Aug 20-21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lazy Weekend, Aug 20-21" to Google

Categories
Yoga

Comments

Rochester? My brother lived there for quite a while when he was with IBM. I've been there. Nice and clean and cold!
    Quote Originally Posted by rtodd
    Rochester? My brother lived there for quite a while when he was with IBM. I've been there. Nice and clean and cold!
    Ice cold!

Yeah, IBM and Mayo are two of the chief employers there.

But I'm going in August -- should be safe.
    Thanks so much for coming to the meet to cheer for everyone! I'm SO glad I got to ride in that hot new convertible of yours! See you soon, I hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Roddin
    Thanks so much for coming to the meet to cheer for everyone! I'm SO glad I got to ride in that hot new convertible of yours! See you soon, I hope!
    Thx Julie! It was fun to watch and cheer. I didn't pine too too much to race. Hopefully, we can get together soon. Do the Terrapins still practice at 10:30 am on Saturdays during the school year?