View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Fri & Sat., Aug 26-27

Rate this Entry
Friday

P90X, 60 minutes:

Did the core synergistics workout with my bro. Hadn't done one of these in ages. A nice combo of cardio and core. I substituted bicycles, long arm crunches and V ups for the various planks.

Ellipse, 30 minutes

Mini Weights:

RC exercises
alternating hammers w/17.5 DBs, 4 x 20
? (did some other upper body exercise that escapes me now)


Saturday:

Extreme Angle Isometrics:

squat w/15 lb DB, 5:00
right lunge, 3:00
left lunge, 3:00
bicep w/5 lb DBs, 4:30
elevated push up iso, 1:00

Insanity Cardio, 40 minutes:

BIG mistake to do the isos before this workout! My quads were burning right from the start. Insanity is killer - -much harder and faster than P90X. The last two exercises were burpees and push up jacks. Nothing like saving two of the hardest for last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I traveled all the way to MN and the pools are closed here too. Feeling slightly jinxed on the pool front. With the taper and time out of the pool, I fear it will take me some time to get back in pool shape. The only pool option appears to be an ancient YMCA. I will decide tomorrow if I want to go ghetto (assuming it is in fact open). In any event, the core and legs have gotten a drubbing. And I'm having a great time with the fam.

Submit "Fri & Sat., Aug 26-27" to Digg Submit "Fri & Sat., Aug 26-27" to del.icio.us Submit "Fri & Sat., Aug 26-27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fri & Sat., Aug 26-27" to Google

Comments

  1. jaadams1's Avatar
    That's a good amount of dryland that will get the sweat flowing! Nice. How's the East Coast holding up right now, or did it get washed away into the Atlantic? You may just have to wait and see! First earthquake, now hurricane! Ewwwww
  2. jaegermeister's Avatar
    Few options in Roch. You could do a one-day pass at the Rochester Athletic Club. There's a master's practice Monday, but of course it's not at a humane hour. Note that since the city is closing Soldier's Field early, we're at the Rec Center starting Monday.
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    That's a good amount of dryland that will get the sweat flowing! Nice. How's the East Coast holding up right now, or did it get washed away into the Atlantic? You may just have to wait and see! First earthquake, now hurricane! Ewwwww
    Wild week on the eat coast! I was told we only lost power for a minute.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaegermeister
    Few options in Roch. You could do a one-day pass at the Rochester Athletic Club. There's a master's practice Monday, but of course it's not at a humane hour. Note that since the city is closing Soldier's Field early, we're at the Rec Center starting Monday.
    Thanks Tom. RAC doesn't even mention that on their website. I think I'll opt for that instead of the Y.
  5. thewookiee's Avatar
    Why are all the pools closing? If you were closer to Minneapolis, I have a friend that coaches masters at the YWCA. They offer a few practices at different times or at least get you into the pool for your own practice.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Why are all the pools closing? If you were closer to Minneapolis, I have a friend that coaches masters at the YWCA. They offer a few practices at different times or at least get you into the pool for your own practice.
    Rec Center was closed for end of summer maintenance. The outdoor pools are closing down until next summer. I finally snuck in a swim in a 5 lane pool today!