HS front pulldown, 80 x 2 x 20
--very different from the HS machine at my gym; weights separate for each arm
DB row, 30 x 2 x 15 each side
floor bench press, 40 x 2 x 20
tricep press down, 35 x 2 x 20
overhead squats, 45 x 2 x 10
captains chair, 2 x 15
Ab Solo machine, 4 x 15 w/8 lb med ball
-- this was a cool device. you sit on a bench and throw/slam med balls into a hole and they roll back out to you

foam roller & stretching, 10 minutes

Swim/SCM/Solo:

600 various
6 x 50 single arm @ 1:00\
6 x 50 kick w/board @ 1:00
8 x 100 free w/paddles & fins @ 1:45
50 EZ
9 x 50 IM @ 1:15
50 EZ

Total: 2550 m

steam room
hot tub

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ventured off to the Rochester Athletic Club today on a one day pass. Very nice and spacious facility. Only a 5 lane and shallow pool. but at least I got wet. I did fewer sets on the drylands today after practically being paralized after my last session. And I mostly stuck to the upper body after killing my legs with P90X and Insanity the last two days. I was just dragging in the pool. I can do isolated drylands and yoga poses being hypo, but even basic aerobic aerobic work seems pretty tough. At least it's only August!

Leaving for home tomorrow!

Submit "Sunday, Aug. 28" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Aug. 28" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Aug. 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Aug. 28" to Google

Comments

That swim workout looks like a "normal" workout compared to most of the sprint specialized ones. It's probably nice to just go aerobic every now and then though.
    50 IMs are pretty fun aren't they!? If you do it right the first length is underwater, and the second length is a pull/kick then free to the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    That swim workout looks like a "normal" workout compared to most of the sprint specialized ones. It's probably nice to just go aerobic every now and then though.
    50 IMs are pretty fun aren't they!? If you do it right the first length is underwater, and the second length is a pull/kick then free to the wall.
    That workout was godawful boring! But honestly I don't feel like sprinting at the same time I'm re-starting drylands after such a long layoff.. Too sore!

I did the 50s fly-back, back-breast, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I did the 50s fly-back, back-breast, etc.
    That's no fun THAT way... You've got to do a set of actual 50 IMs for a sprinter's workout. Shoot, I may do some of those soon as some filler at the end of a practice too.
    Check it out, an SCM meet with 50 IM and 25's of each stroke... http://msabc.ca/meets/2011/NorthShore.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Check it out, an SCM meet with 50 IM and 25's of each stroke... http://msabc.ca/meets/2011/NorthShore.pdf
    I had noticed that before and thought that was kind of silly! Maybe it's a good one for Fort to come out for. Talk about a good meterage/dollar spent on the trip.
    Very forward looking Canadians!

But how does one figure out where the 12.5 mark is?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Very forward looking Canadians!

But how does one figure out where the 12.5 mark is?
    maybe a 5-10 meter "buffer zone" Depending on the stroke, I would push the limit, or shorten one up.