View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Therapy Thursday

Rate this Entry
by , February 26th, 2009 at 11:32 PM (163 Views)
Okay....I'm finally coming out of the funk. The cloud lifted about 9:05 am. when one of my 3rd graders cracked me (and 29 kids in the class) up!
I think I have too much going on. ( Jump Rope for Heart Kick-off, District Wellness Committee presentation at school board mtg, Jump Kids Jump 6 week initiative due on March 1st, 2 pending SPARK trainings, a new student teacher starting next week, a college visit trip to Florida March 6-7 w/my daughter+teaching all day every day.) Okay, I'll quit stressing. I am not the best multi-tasker in the world. I would rather have less tasks to do and do them perfectly than be jumping all over the place like I am right now; it makes me crazy!
Swam tonight at Fisher's High School with 10 NASTI'S. I had a good workout! Here it is:

1) 400 Free Warm-up (easy to harder)
2) 4 X 200 Freestyle on 4:00 int.
3) 10 X 75 Freestyle on 1:30 int.
4) 10 X 50 Freestyle on 1:00 int.
5) Easy 250 Backstroke swim
6) Easy 250 freestyle cool down
= 2,950

I'm doing a meet in Ohio this Saturday. If I hit my goal in the 1,650 I'm going home. If I miss my goal I will stay and swim the other 4 events. How's that for motivation!

Submit "Therapy Thursday" to Digg Submit "Therapy Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Therapy Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Therapy Thursday" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like a plan for that meet. Mine is tomorrow and I am going to do the 1000 free and if my shoulders feel scary than I won't do the 50 free and 100 I M . I haven't swam since Monday workout! I did go to the gym....but I wanted to not stress my shoulders before the meet. I don't know looking back if this was good because I feel guilty and lazy. My thought is that all that stored up energy will just come pouring out of me along with all the ice cream and vino and chocolate. I am leaving this afternoon and staying in a hotel tonight. I don't know if resting was right...but I didn't want to overtrain my shoulders and I don't know how to taper? I'm starting to get nervous....and it is only 6:00 in the morning!
    Good luck this weekend! I hate multi-tasking too. The older I get, the more I like to try to simplify my life.

Is that your team that was on the cover of the USMS mag?

Flipper, you should probably get in the water just to keep feel, even if you're just drilling. Sometimes staying out of the water makes the shoulder stiffer or feel worse. Keep it loose.
    I thought about going to the pool but instead went for a brisk walk. My meet starts at 8 so I am heading out this afternoon and motel it.
    Bob, the motivation's backward :^)
    If you hit the goal, keep going, the adrenalin and endorphins might make you 5 for 5, and us masters-types can't miss that kind of rare opportunity.