View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 9/21/11

Rate this Entry
Nice day in southern Vermont, so I made the trip to the Berkshires (you know, James Taylor and Norman Rockwell, even though he did spend a lot of time in Arlington, Vermont) for an open water swim tonight. There is a group of folks that meet weekly from May through September to hit the many clean lakes in the area, and my buddy Jon from the team got me on the list.

We swam Richmond Pond, the closest to me at just over 40 miles, so I rode my motorcycle down for the 5pm swim. Total of six swimmers and one kayak, and I swam the longer loop (just over one mile). The water was cool, but warmer than the Atlantic in July, so I felt good without the wetsuit. I used this as a primer for the race this weekend, and did ok with some of the weeds/milfoil reaching out and grabbing me.

They will swim once more next week, but I gave to work and will miss it. Usually there is a potluck after the swim, but tonight we just munched on freshly picked apples and pretzels as the sun began setting. A great thing about OW - we saw an osprey fly around, just before a bald eagle soared overhead! Amazing - my first time seeing this majestic bird!

Submit "Workout 9/21/11" to Digg Submit "Workout 9/21/11" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 9/21/11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 9/21/11" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments