View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sept. 25-26

Rate this Entry
by , September 26th, 2011 at 04:16 PM (3704 Views)
Sunday:

Bikram, 90 minutes

In case someone missed PWB's comment ... Here is a vid explaining why Texas women use bikram in their training: http://www.texassports.com/allaccess/?media=265349

Swim: 30 minutes slow


Monday:

Drylands:

RC exercises
HS hi row, 110 x 3 x 20
skull crushers, 40 x 3 x 15
assisted dips (20 lb assist), 1 x 10, 2 x 8
Cavic horizontal fly raise, 3 x 30
abductor machine, 120 x 3 x 10
explosive leg press, 270 x 2 x 10, 290 x 1 x 10
lower back machine, 120 x 2 x 15
box jumps, 10
knee tuck jumps 2 x 10
standing jumps from track start position, 10
med ball slams, 5 minutes


Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
6 x 50 single arm fly
6 x 25 shooters

Speed Sets:

4 x 50 done as:
-- standing broad jump from side of pool to bottom, squat jump off bottom dolphin kicking hard, fast eggbeater kick to mid-pool and then cruise to wall. when hit the wall, 10 second AFAP flutter kick, then right into backstroke start and fast dolphin kicks to 15 m, then cruise in.
-- very hard

100 EZ

Pyramid 50 frees @ 2:00
AFAP breakout & 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 9, 7, 5, 3 fast strokes + cruise

100 EZ

8 x 25 w/fins & parachute
-- burst dolphin kick to 15 m and cruise

100 EZ

Total: 2300

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling pretty tired after today's effort, which was just about power and top speed. Forgot to bring something to munch on in car between workouts. Felt it some in the pool.

Had a trying weekend. Teenage daughters are a huge pita.

Submit "Sept. 25-26" to Digg Submit "Sept. 25-26" to del.icio.us Submit "Sept. 25-26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sept. 25-26" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. That Guy's Avatar
    Had a trying weekend. Teenage daughters are a huge pita.
    That Girl is 8. How long do I have?
  2. thewookiee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    That Girl is 8. How long do I have?
    Is your wife named "That Wife"
  3. That Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Is your wife named "That Wife"
    I don't think that has ever come up before. I would tend towards "That Bride"
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    That Girl is 8. How long do I have?
    Mini Fort has always been somewhat difficult. But she really blossomed into full fledged stereotypical teen nastiness and self-centeredness around 14. She doesn't take "no" well at all. I can't imagine what I'd do if she wasn't an athlete. Unfortunately, Lil Fort, who just turned 11, is showing some signs already. Though I think they all started with some lipping off around age 9. Parenting is freaking exhausting. I guess I got off very lucky with Fort Son, who was a very focused and easy teen.
  5. That Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Mini Fort has always been somewhat difficult. But she really blossomed into full fledged stereotypical teen nastiness and self-centeredness around 14. She doesn't take "no" well at all. I can't imagine what I'd do if she wasn't an athlete. Unfortunately, Lil Fort, who just turned 11, is showing some signs already. Though I think they all started with some lipping off around age 9. Parenting is freaking exhausting. I guess I got off very lucky with Fort Son, who was a very focused and easy teen.
    Thanks for the info. This gives me an idea of when to expect things to get bleeping crazy.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    bleeping crazy.
    I'm dreading the inevitable when my sweet Lil Fort becomes a monster.
  7. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Had a trying weekend. Teenage daughters are a huge pita.
    That Girl is 8. How long do I have?
    4 years and however many months and days until her birth date. Offspring affect math skills apparently.
    Updated September 26th, 2011 at 06:53 PM by qbrain
  8. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    4 years and however many months and days until her birth date. Offspring affects math skills apparently.
    :P

    It's not a precise thing, and can vary. I even recently heard of one teen girl who was easy and always agreeable.

    I fully admit that soon I will not be able to assist Lil Fort in her math homework.
  9. That Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    4 years and however many months and days until her birth date. Offspring affect math skills apparently.
  10. That Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I even recently heard of one teen girl who was easy and always agreeable.
    oh dear
  11. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    oh dear
    I would normally be skeptical of this type of assertion. But it was a family friend and I know his kids. Perhaps he felt his second daughter was perfect b/c his first one was absolute hell on wheels.
  12. That Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I would normally be skeptical of this type of assertion. But it was a family friend and I know his kids. Perhaps he felt his second daughter was perfect b/c his first one was absolute hell on wheels.
    that's... not what... I... meant
  13. qbrain's Avatar
    w/fins & parachute
    It is going to take at least 2 years before I will believe that is anything more than toy love.
  14. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    oh dear
    First funny thing That Guy has ever said. Poor That Guy.
  15. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    It is going to take at least 2 years before I will believe that is anything more than toy love.
    How come? Power and speed combined. I know a very elite masters swimmer that used to do these 15 bursts all the time. (She is too busy coaching college to compete now.)
  16. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    that's... not what... I... meant
    Oh I see. You're worried that I only know of one. I'm sure there must be a few other stray easy girls out there too. I never got in a lick of trouble growing up.
  17. That Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Oh I see. You're worried that I only know of one. I'm sure there must be a few other stray easy girls out there too. I never got in a lick of trouble growing up.
    Fort, if you're trolling, this is REALLY GOOD TROLLING. Wow.
  18. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Oh I see. You're worried that I only know of one. I'm sure there must be a few other stray easy girls out there too. I never got in a lick of trouble growing up.
    I am really having a good time LMAO at you misunderstanding That Guy's comment. Please continue.
  19. qbrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    How come? Power and speed combined. I know a very elite masters swimmer that used to do these 15 bursts all the time. (She is too busy coaching college to compete now.)
    I just accepted the truth of fins, I am not ready for the fins and parachutes AT THE SAME TIME. It deviates too much from 10x100s on no rest.
  20. The Fortress's Avatar
    I am glad to provide amusement.

    But you would use fins and paddles at the same time?

    You could be really adventurous and not look at the clock the whole practice. :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast