View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Oct. 17

Rate this Entry
by , October 17th, 2011 at 06:55 PM (1886 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

700 various

9 x 50 fly drills
3 x caterpillar, chest press, single arm
10 x 25 shooters
-- Really weird. I was getting a sharp pain above my right eye when I was under on my back. Had to surface early a couple times. WTH?
-- decided not to do planned timed UW swims

Speed Sets:

8 x 50 w/paddles
odds = DPS free @ 1:00
evens = double arm torque drill @ 1:15
50 EZ

3 x (50 AFAP fly w/fins + 150 EZ)
-- went low to mid 24s
-- fly DPS seems better

3 x (25 AFAP free + 75 EZ)

6 x 25 free w/parachutes & paddles

50 EZ

Total: 2950

Stretching/Yoga, 40 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling kinda tired. I can tell I'm really due for a recovery week. Was glad I could get in some fast 50s despite that. Fly feels good!

I entered the Sprint Classic. Planned my happiness jaunt with Teen Fort. Now I have to start looking for flights to NE Champs with my United credit.

There was some fast swimming at Pac Masters Champs and the Rowdy Gaines meet last weekend. Cool that Natalie Coughlin swam in a masters meet, even if only exhibition.

Submit "Monday, Oct. 17" to Digg Submit "Monday, Oct. 17" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Oct. 17" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Oct. 17" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

-- Really weird. I was getting a sharp pain above my right eye when I was under on my back. Had to surface early a couple times. WTH?
    Sinuses? Were you zyrteced up? My theory is that you were zyrteced up to the point that you lacked pressure in your sinuses that resulted in inward pressure when underwater. Pretty much the opposite of normal sinus pain. I have no basis in science or science fiction for my theory, but it seems feasible not knowing any of the facts.

Planned my happiness jaunt with Teen Fort.
    You left out the interesting part because you were attempting to lure commenters in?

went low to mid 24s
    Why don't I know how to use fins? I went 26s free, you went 24s fly and Speedo went 22... Your 50 fly is not faster than my 50 free. Speedo, as misleading as his looks may be, really is faster than me, and I guess that you kick really is ridiculously better than mine. Sorry I ask.
    I am zyrteced + singulaired up. Weird theory. I was puzzled as this has never happened before. It still hurts in the sam spot right now.

We're going to Miami Beach over Thanksgiving, ditching the rest of the family that actually likes that holiday. Staying at: http://www.travimp.com/partner/templ...&weborigin=TIW

When I use fins on fly and back, I am underwater dolphin kicking 15 m each length. Free is not as fast as underwater kicking with fins. And when you're swimming free with fins, you're probably on top of the water much more. Dolphin kicking also recruits the entire core; flutter kick doesn't do that to nearly the same degree.

BTW, my twitter creeping yielded the info that Jason Lezak used to travel with a suitcase full of supplements.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I am zyrteced + singulaired up. Weird theory. I was puzzled as this has never happened before. It still hurts in the sam spot right now.

That theory could also be called a WAG and well into the wild side. Hope it isn't a sinus infection.

We're going to Miami Beach over Thanksgiving, ditching the rest of the family that actually likes that holiday. Staying at: http://www.travimp.com/partner/templ...&weborigin=TIW
    Cool. If you plan to make it a habit to skip out on Thanksgiving, there are cheap business class fares to Europe that weekend usually on sale in August.

Fort and Mini Fort in Miami should be an interesting trip. I am assuming beaches, shopping and dining are on the todos?

BTW, my twitter creeping yielded the info that Jason Lezak used to travel with a suitcase full of supplements.
    Is he worth following? Stephanie Rice probably mentions something about her training/competition 1 in 6 tweets. GWG never mentioned anything but his strict diet.
    Better not be a sinus infection!!

Yes, those are on the agenda. Teen Fort pushed for Miami Beach. Good to know about Europe! I will keep that in mind for next year. I am just pleased to be escaping Thanksgiving food.

I found that out following Gary Hall Jr. I haven't seen Lezak say anything of interest. I noticed Coughlin did not tweet about the masters meet.
    Have you seen anything about NE Champs posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Have you seen anything about NE Champs posted?
    No, nothing yet except the dates (Dec. 9-11). It's a good meet.