View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Monday 11/07/11

Rate this Entry
by , November 7th, 2011 at 03:42 PM (473 Views)
Today I swam with the team!
I know I won't tomorrow due to a conference call. I am now on a run rate of 1 hour workout with team, 2 x 30 min on my own, and 1 vasa day. I don't think that's too bad!

SCM, Baylor Fitness Center
Billy Glasstetter coached

Warm up
200 swim/kick/pull

8 x 50 on 1:00
drill/build/fast/easy

4 x 200 pull; 2 on 3:00 2 on 2:45
== tricked ya! I actually did part of this set!!!

1-2 Pull with paddles and buoy (held 2:30
3 Swim just under 2:35
Disgusted with myself for actually doing the whole 200 thing, so sat out #4 and did 4 x 25s easy.

6 x 100's pull 1:30
==>no! did them kick with fins;held 1:20

8 x 50 kick on 1:00
no fins. held 52-49

Easy swim 50

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Today was nearly a wasted day. The lanes were so crowded with 5-6 per lane. I had no where to go except fall into line and go the entire distances. I went 3rd on the 200's. While it was nice to marvel at how fast I could pull (I haven't really pulled any sets since circa 1994), I just didn't see the point of doing 200's when I have a 50 free coming up this next weekend.

I did bust my choppers on the kick at the end, hooray! That is a strong set to actually descend-no-matter-what on the last ones to under 50.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next up:
A really lose-sleep, high anxiety rest of the week at work. Then my cameo 50 free on Sunday! After that, i'll decide what to swim at our DAMM meet. I currently have the #1 time in SCM 50 free, but i'd be surprised if it held up. Do I care? Not sure. Probably not. I'm too busy losing sleep and getting headaches over my work.

Submit "Monday 11/07/11" to Digg Submit "Monday 11/07/11" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday 11/07/11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday 11/07/11" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is a strong set to actually descend-no-matter-what on the last ones to under 50.
    You will be happy to hear the Aggie's were representing this morning. New Fast Girl did 4x50 on 50 kick twice (I wore fins, she didn't) with me this morning. New Fast Girl is an Aggie, like class of 2008, makes me look old and wrinkly.

I am recruiting for the DAM meet. The 30-34 age group will have more than 2 male swimmers this year, unless someone aged up when I wasn't looking.

Hope work calms down to just busy from your current crazy busy.

Still owe Anna a hi from you. ETA 6-8 weeks from request to delivery.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    You will be happy to hear the Aggie's were representing this morning. New Fast Girl did 4x50 on 50 kick twice (I wore fins, she didn't) with me this morning. New Fast Girl is an Aggie, like class of 2008, makes me look old and wrinkly.

I am recruiting for the DAM meet. The 30-34 age group will have more than 2 male swimmers this year, unless someone aged up when I wasn't looking.

Hope work calms down to just busy from your current crazy busy.

Still owe Anna a hi from you. ETA 6-8 weeks from request to delivery.
    Excellent. See, there is so much room for improvement in kicking! A good set years ago would be ave. 55. Now I consider it a not-so-good set if I go over low/mid 50's for a 50 SCM repeat set. I want to get where I can hold 'em all under 50 and descend to 45ish.
    How many lanes does the team usually have for workouts? Have you ever talked to the coach about trying a sprint option?

I'm usually one who likes to pull, but you get way too many pull sets assigned. What's the reasoning for that?

Are there any other sprinters in your group?

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the options Paul & Laura give us.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    How many lanes does the team usually have for workouts? Have you ever talked to the coach about trying a sprint option?

I'm usually one who likes to pull, but you get way too many pull sets assigned. What's the reasoning for that?

Are there any other sprinters in your group?

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the options Paul & Laura give us.
    It's not that your spoiled, it's just that there is the ability to split the workouts to distance/sprint and sometimes a mid group!

We do have some sprint days, but they are not etched in stone. And I can't make my life, especially work, fit around specific dates. As you can tell from my blogs, I usually customize whatever the given sets are, or swim on my own. I find I get exactly what I want to do in 30 minutes and cut out all the fluff stuff. Today was woefully heavy on pulling, which was more than usual. If there were only 3 per lane, I would have done much shorter distances. But now I got my conditioning sets in for the week, and onto dedicated sprints and easy swimming the rest of the week!
    Life can certainly be a great neutralizer.

I saw that Sheri Hart, uber swimmer, went 27.2 at the St. Nick's meet.

Good luck on the sleep front.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Life can certainly be a great neutralizer.

I saw that Sheri Hart, uber swimmer, went 27.2 at the St. Nick's meet.

Good luck on the sleep front.
    Thanks! Seems like as I resolve several cases, just as many new case issues pop up! I think it will take under 27 for a #1 time this year. Lots of fast girls in my age group and many more fast SCM meets coming up. So, now that I know someone ousted me, no, I don't feel compelled to swim it again to improve from 27.7. Right now I just want to make it to Thanksgiving break. So I can work on vacation. My goal is to swim moderate fast times, which would actually be really strong times considering! I want to go around 24.5 at the meet this weekend!!!