View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Nov. 14

Rate this Entry
by , November 14th, 2011 at 03:14 PM (4322 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various

8 x 50
odds = caterpillar drill @ 1:15
evens = single arm fly @ 1:00

8 x 25 shooters w/fins
50 EZ

Main Sets:

12 x 25 burst @ 1:00
-- At this point, it became clear to me that I wouldn't be sprinting today, so defaulted to easy aerobic work.
50 EZ

5 x:
100 IM smooth @ 2:00
50 kick, 25 fast + 25 EZ @ 1:00

20 x 50 kick w/fins @ :45
odds = dolphin kick
evens = flutter kick
-- held 29-32

100 EZ

8 x 25 breast kick

Total: 3600

Stretching/Yoga, 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling much better cold wise. But I was fairly sore and tired today from Saturday drylands; may have overdone it a bit. So I shifted the speed workout until tomorrow. Also did not get as much sleep as usual this weekend with Lil Fort having an early soccer game Sat. and an early race on Sun. I was very proud of her; she ran 22:42 on a hilly 5K course with Mr. Fort. She was a little taken aback when a couple HS cross county runners (whom she beat) came up and asked her where she was going to high school.

I am also slightly worried about my elbows. They've been sore since I bumped the weights up on the deadlift (I find it amusing that my auto correct always wants to type this as deadliest) and hi row. I've never had a single issue with my elbows before, so I'm not sure what to make out of it. I may have to ratchet down the upper body weights somewhat for awhile and stop doing torque drills with paddles.

And just for kicks and inspired by Speedo, I went on myfitnesspal.com to see what it had to say about caloric intake. After putting in my info and stating I worked out 2 hours 6x week, it said I should be eating 1300 calories per day to lose 1 pound per week. I would freakin' starve on that!

And just to annoy Jazz, an article from NYT on athletes and aging:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/1...ough-exercise/. I found nothing stupid about it.

Submit "Monday, Nov. 14" to Digg Submit "Monday, Nov. 14" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Nov. 14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Nov. 14" to Google

Updated November 14th, 2011 at 03:30 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I agree and the flip side is not all people are calorie responders. For me and one of my daughters, we can pretty much eat anything and can vary the total daily calories from big to huge and see practically no impact on our weight. Maybe calorie counting works for some people, but I think each person needs to figure out the right blend of exercise and food for their body. One size fits all solutions are a remnant of 1950s or earlier thinking about the homogeneity of people. You can see the extreme end of this drive towards personalized solutions in medicine, particularly with R&D on drugs and 'drug cocktail' customizations at an individual level for the 'same disease.'. Diet and exercise are no different.
    You never actually tracked your calories, did you? If you were to monitor what you eat for a week and then drop 1,000 calories a day from that, you would begin losing weight. Yes, a body can compensate by increasing efficiency, but the vast majority won't compensate enough to prevent weight loss. Everything else is psychology. Not that the psychology isn't important, but I think you're trying to deny the laws of thermodynamics.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Are you still using your weight plan from last spring? Or have you further modified?
    It's always changing, but the big additions are weighted lunges and deadlifts. Nothing else makes me want to vomit like these do. I've also worked on bench with higher weights and am generally lifting heavier than I ever had. Still less than you though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    It's always changing, but the big additions are weighted lunges and deadlifts. Nothing else makes me want to vomit like these do. I've also worked on bench with higher weights and am generally lifting heavier than I ever had. Still less than you though.
    You cannot be lifting less than me in your current buff creatin-infused state!

Lunges make me want to vomit as well, probably why I've been avoiding them. May be in order tomorrow since I'm laying off the deadlifts for awhile.
    Speedo is taking creatine?

Lunges make me want to vomit as well, probably why I've been avoiding them. May be in order tomorrow since I'm laying off the deadlifts for awhile.
    So you're still lifting heavy- are you resting at all for LC?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Speedo is taking creatine?
    Yes, maybe for 3mos now.
    Yes, maybe for 3mos now.
    How did I hear about the anal cleansing pose and miss creatine?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    How did I hear about the anal cleansing pose and miss creatine?
    Her name wasn't Miss Creatine, it was Miss Toot.
    So you're still lifting heavy- are you resting at all for LC?
    Yes. I'm tentatively going to rest 2 weeks for NE Champs, which makes 1 week for LC. If I stick to that plan, I'll knock off weights altogether Nov. 25ish. (Though that does presuppose that I'll lift in Miami with Teen Fort ...) I've never really tapered off weights in the past, just dropped them 3 weeks out. However, since my lifting hasn't been as derailed as my swimming by the double cold (I don't think), I may taper down somewhat in the next week or so. Heavy lifting seems fine when I'm doing it, but it always takes more out of me than I expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    For me and one of my daughters, we can pretty much eat anything and can vary the total daily calories from big to huge and see practically no impact on our weight.
    I pretty much hate you.
    Her name wasn't Miss Creatine, it was Miss Toot.
    Aren't Miss Creatine and Miss Toot really the same person?
    Aren't Miss Creatine and Miss Toot really the same person?
    They certainly could be one in the same.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123