View RSS Feed

Year Three: The Road Back

Tuesday's Distance Day

Rate this Entry
by , November 22nd, 2011 at 11:06 AM (586 Views)
Well... I must say that this one was a struggle from the get-go. So... knowing that... I decided to focus on swimming the 500s strong (read as: making the interval) and shortening the 100s (read as: swam as 75s). The original plan was two sets of: 2 x 500 on 7:30 followed by 10 x 100 on 1:30. When I missed the very first of the 100s, I decided to swim the next as a 50, then shorten the rest down to 75s. Here's what I ended up doing:

300 Warm-Up
2 x 500 Free on 7:30
1 x 100 Free on 1:30 (actually on 1:32)
1 x 50 Free on 1:30 (catching my breath)
8 x 75 Free on 1:30
1 x 500 Kick on 7:30
1 x 500 Pull on 7:30
6 x 75 Free on 1:30
100 Cool-Down
Total Yards - 3600

All in all, not a bad distance for a 60 minute swim (give or take a few minutes). With everything being on a 1:30 base, it was tough. Here's the weird thing though. When I'm swimming by myself (like when I was doing the Postal swims), I was basically doing 100 repeats on the 1:25 with no break in between. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just more relaxed when swimming for myself. When I'm swimming on an interval that I think will be tight.... those are typically the workouts I have trouble with. Huh.... something to mull over.

It's raining in Central Indiana today. It could b worse... my folks got more snow in Minnesota. Hope it's sunny and warm where you are.

Enjoy your swims today!

Submit "Tuesday's Distance Day" to Digg Submit "Tuesday's Distance Day" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday's Distance Day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday's Distance Day" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice job! I might have to try this one out later on this week. The 500 kick does not look like fun but I'll try it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz
    Nice job! I might have to try this one out later on this week. The 500 kick does not look like fun but I'll try it anyways.
    On our distance days, everything is written as freestyle with the option to pull or kick whenever you want. I did the 500 Kick at that point because my shoulders needed a break!