View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Thanksgiving Haiku

Rate this Entry
No swimming for me,
Rec Center is closed today,
Happy Thanksgiving.

Submit "Thanksgiving Haiku" to Digg Submit "Thanksgiving Haiku" to del.icio.us Submit "Thanksgiving Haiku" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thanksgiving Haiku" to Google

Updated March 30th, 2012 at 10:29 PM by rxleakem

Categories
NSR

Comments

happy thanksgiving to you too

cheers
    Hah! Just noticed the wee poem. It's nice. Hope you had a great day with the family.
    My pool has been closed for almost 2 months, and I'm not pretending to get into a 47-degree lake for a nice 90-minute workout. Have congealed.
    And I managed a meatless Thanksgiving, neither turducken nor turkey legs.
    Do you participate in the Kingdom Swim?
    Thanks guys.

I have not yet done the Kingdom Swim, but I may give it a shot this summer. Our pool in town will be closed from July-Aug (at least) for repairs, so I will be looking for some longer swims. I'd love to stay in Vermont, even though the drive for me is probably the same distance as going to other events here in NE.

I had a great Thanksgiving. My beloved made a great feast for the kids and I, and we just relaxed and watched some Thanksgiving movies/cartoons. Even though our youngest is 14 now, I still love me some Charlie Brown and Garfield ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem

I have not yet done the Kingdom Swim, but I may give it a shot this summer. Our pool in town will be closed from July-Aug (at least) for repairs, so I will be looking for some longer swims. I'd love to stay in Vermont, even though the drive for me is probably the same distance as going to other events here in NE..
    I'm seriously considering the Kingdom Swim next year. Not sure if I'm up for the full 10 miles or not. I just realized I came in just a few people behind you at Peaks this year. We probably passed each other out in the bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by slknight
    I just realized I came in just a few people behind you at Peaks this year. We probably passed each other out in the bay.
    Yeah, I saw that too over the weekend (I had to get Terry's address re: fundraising). You had a really good time drop from 2010 - very well done! You are the queen of distance imo. We need to set our sights to beat out jbs next year. haha

I was toast during the last 1/4 mile of the 10K I did in Sept, but I would be up for the 10 mile swim up north. The biggest thing is getting a kayaker to make the trip. I guess there is a really nice community celebration the whole weekend. Might even be a Flatbread in the area, too.
    Hi - Kingdom Swim will supply a kayaker, for a fee, while they last! At this point most kayakers seem to be experienced repeaters. Usually the fee to participate goes up Jan 1, and increases again before the date:
    www.kingdomswim.org
    Distances (for adults):
    1 mile
    3 miles
    6 miles
    10 miles
    and you can change your mind about distance up to morning of the event (in past has been possible, anyway).
    It is a nice community event - why I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    You had a really good time drop from 2010 - very well done! You are the queen of distance imo. We need to set our sights to beat out jbs next year. haha
    I don't know about distance queen, but I definitely can't sprint. I set my sights to beat jbs every day in workout. And anyway, I would say we did beat him this year because we weren't wearing wetsuits and he was. We therefore win by default.