900 lcm warmup

4 x 150 k/d/s, IM order

Turduckens
4 x 350 @ :15 rest, done as
100 FL / 50 BK / 50 BR / 50 BK / 100 FL
100 BK / 50 BR / 50 FR / 50 BR / 100 BK
100 BR / 50 FR / 50 FL / 50 FR / 100 BR
100 FR / 50 FL / 50 BK / 50 FL / 100 FR

Then we talked about what to do next—in the absence of any great ideas, my freestyle-centric workout mates surprised me by deciding to do another round of turduckens!

Seconds on the Turduckens
4 x 350 @ :15 rest, done as
100 FL / 50 BK / 50 BR / 50 BK / 100 FL
100 BK / 50 BR / 50 FR / 50 BR / 100 BK
100 BR / 50 FR / 50 FL / 50 FR / 100 BR
100 FR / 50 FL / 50 BK / 50 FL / 100 FR
[On this round I turned around mid-pool whenever my lanemates got too far ahead, and did the last 200 as warmdown, so I only did about 3 turducken equivalents the second time through.]

Rondi declared that since we’d done one round of turduckens last year, and two this year, next year we’ll have to do three. Avoid the rush, and make your travel plans now to come join in the fun!

Mid-morning beach swim
After the pool, I headed straight out to the beach for CIBBOWS Turkey Dip. It was a near-perfect day—completely sunny, with just a slight wind, the water very flat, The air was a bit nippy, in the high-40s, and Cara measured the water temp at 50. I would have been happy with just a short dip and a visit with friends on the beach, but once I got in the water it was so lulling and peaceful I didn’t want to get out. I ended up swimming a 5K loop in about 1h30 (tide was low and slack, even helping a bit during the last ½ mile). If I had more time I would write 4 flowery paragraphs about how amazing it all was, but you’ll just have to trust me—it was wonderful in the water today. So I ended doing a ton of swimming, and am now ready for a feast!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Submit "Thanksgiving 9K" to Digg Submit "Thanksgiving 9K" to del.icio.us Submit "Thanksgiving 9K" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thanksgiving 9K" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Back @ ya & nice work today:
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING
    Happy you got another loop in!
    AMAZEBALLS!

That is spectacular!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos
    Now THAT is AMAZEBALLS!!
    Happy Belated Thanksgiving evil set creator.
    Turducken was long course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG. Swam outside on Thanksgiving. Still hanging in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Happy Belated Thanksgiving evil set creator.
    Thanks Q! And just because you asked, here is the belated Thanksgiving dessert set:

Fun IMs = pie
    Kick = cake
    Synchro = frosting

Cherpumple Set, built from the bottom up
    Bottom layer = 50 FR kick / 100 upside-down IM* / 50 FR kick
    Middle layer = 50 FL kick / 50 backwards IM** / 50 FL kick
    Top layer = 50 BK kick / 100 corkscrew IM *** / 50 BK kick
    Top with a 50 of synchro (sculling plus decorative elements****)

*upside-down IM: FR = BK, BK = FR, FL = elem. backstroke w/ dolphin kick; BR = elem. backstroke
    **backwards IM = feet-first; do all other stroke elements so that if someone videotaped you and the result was played in reverse, it would pass muster as a legal stroke
    ***corkscrew IM: do one stroke regular stroke, then one stroke upside-down* stroke, repeat as necessary
    **** single-leg extensions, dramatic arm sweeps, pirouettes, extra points for costume and makeup here!
    Quote Originally Posted by rtodd
    Turducken was long course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG. Swam outside on Thanksgiving. Still hanging in there.
    Hey...I broke down and did a Turducken this morning. Kinda NOT fun, especially after my 30 x 100s set too! I'm just glad I don't have to work today, so that means I have plans to be in the pool again later to get over 10K swum today. Yippie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Thanks Q! And just because you asked, here is the belated Thanksgiving dessert set:

Fun IMs = pie
    Kick = cake
    Synchro = frosting

Cherpumple Set, built from the bottom up
    Bottom layer = 50 FR kick / 100 upside-down IM* / 50 FR kick
    Middle layer = 50 FL kick / 50 backwards IM** / 50 FL kick
    Top layer = 50 BK kick / 100 corkscrew IM *** / 50 BK kick
    Top with a 50 of synchro (sculling plus decorative elements****)

*upside-down IM: FR = BK, BK = FR, FL = elem. backstroke w/ dolphin kick; BR = elem. backstroke
    **backwards IM = feet-first; do all other stroke elements so that if someone videotaped you and the result was played in reverse, it would pass muster as a legal stroke
    ***corkscrew IM: do one stroke regular stroke, then one stroke upside-down* stroke, repeat as necessary
    **** single-leg extensions, dramatic arm sweeps, pirouettes, extra points for costume and makeup here!
    Wait no, I didn't ask for creative punishment, I am a really boring person. I am more into death march like torture, so 30x100s, not something that is going to surprise my that it is actually killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Hey...I broke down and did a Turducken this morning. Kinda NOT fun, especially after my 30 x 100s set too! I'm just glad I don't have to work today, so that means I have plans to be in the pool again later to get over 10K swum today. Yippie!!
    Nice work--you managed to stuff both of the Thanksgiving sets into your workouts. I guess it would be prettily symmetrical now if I turned around and did the 30 x 100s--but I don't see that happening!