View RSS Feed

Year Three: The Road Back

Back to Normal....

Rate this Entry
by , November 28th, 2011 at 11:42 AM (354 Views)
While I really enjoy Thanksgiving, there is something to be said to getting back to "normal" - with practices at the normal time and the kids back to school (and earlier bedtimes).

Thursday's Thanksgiving practice was a mad dash for lane space. There must have been 55-65 people there because all 10 lanes had at least 5 people - with some lanes as many as 7. It was good practice, but with so much turbulence, my stroke - and therefore my shoulder - got messed up.

Friday's practice (one of 4 that day) was also really well attended, but I managed to get in a lane with only one other person. Much better turbulence-wise, but my shoulder was aching and I elected to kick some of the free set in order to rest my shoulder.

Saturday, I did an easy 4400 swim that alternated between kicking and free. I really worked on my stroke mechanics for the free and my shoulder didn't ache as much at the end.

Sunday was a total day off. Woo-hoo!

Here's what we did today:
400 Warm-Up
8 x 50 Drill / Swim on 1:00
12 x 50 Kick on 1:10, did as 1>4, 5>8 w fins, 9-12 NO FINS - made them!
1 x 100 Fist Drill on 2:00
1 x 100 Free on 1:30
2 x 100 All Drill on 2:00 (did both catch-up)
2 x 100 Free on 1:30
3 x 100 All Drill on 2:00 (did catch-up, fist, catch-up)
3 x 100 Free on 1:30
4 x 100 All Drill on 2:00 (catch-up, fist, catch-up, fist)
1 x 100 Free on 1:30
100 Cool-Down
Total Yards - 3200

I was actually pretty happy on the kick without fins, but I know that I need to do the kick sets sans fins more often. The 1:10 interval today made it an easy decision. So... yay for me!

As to the rest of it... a pretty easy way to ease into the week. I managed to hold 1:20-1:22s on my 100 Free's without much shoulder ache. Happy with that. Of course, my shoulder is aching now as I sit at my desk.

Tomorrow's distance day may become more of a kick-fest. I guess only time will tell.....

Enjoy your swims today!

Submit "Back to Normal...." to Digg Submit "Back to Normal...." to del.icio.us Submit "Back to Normal...." to StumbleUpon Submit "Back to Normal...." to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments