View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., Nov. 30

Rate this Entry
by , November 30th, 2011 at 05:52 PM (1415 Views)
I got to the pool this afternoon and it was closed! Argh! I had just enough time to get to my gym pool, but the temp was 87. That pretty much prohibits doing anything useful. So I just did a mostly stretch out swim with a few bursts.

Swim/SCM/Solo:

400 various

10 x 50 fly drills
caterpillar @ 1:15
single arm @ 1:00

10 x 25 shooters w/fins on belly

50 dolphin dive

10 x 25 @ 1:00
odds = burst dolphin kick on belly
evens = free no breather

50 dolphin dive

10 x 50 cruise w/fins @ 1:00
odds = back
evens = back easy

50 EZ

Total: 2050 meters

Yoga/Stretching, 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was planning on getting a new suit for NE Champs, but I think I'll just wear an old Speedo. Instead, I plan to pre-order the new Speedo FS3. http://www.speedousa.com/home/index.jsp. The goggles do look crazy, but I'm certainly prepared to try them.

http://www.goldmedalmel.typepad.com/...he-future.html

Submit "Wed., Nov. 30" to Digg Submit "Wed., Nov. 30" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Nov. 30" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Nov. 30" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

87 degrees? Yuck-o-rama.

I still can't imagine these tech suits mean anything for us guys limited to jammers. Women, for sure. Speedo's announcement is a yawn for me and won't get me buying anything until we bring back chest coverage for guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    87 degrees? Yuck-o-rama.

I still can't imagine these tech suits mean anything for us guys limited to jammers. Women, for sure. Speedo's announcement is a yawn for me and won't get me buying anything until we bring back chest coverage for guys.
    May not be worth it for guys. But the suits looked higher on the waist than other suits for additional coverage. No idea what the difference in compression will be like.
    I can't wait to hear about how you like the new suit. I saw them on the Today show yesterday and I am intrigued by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    I can't wait to hear about how you like the new suit. I saw them on the Today show yesterday and I am intrigued by them.
    Just pre-ordered it and was able to use my 20% USMS discount. I like the closed back!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Just pre-ordered it and was able to use my 20% USMS discount. I like the closed back!
    I'm thinking about ordering it too. How did you size it? THere's a note that seems to imply not to order your typical size. Instead you should use more of a "true" measurement. Do you think you can return it if it doesn't fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm thinking about ordering it too. How did you size it? THere's a note that seems to imply not to order your typical size. Instead you should use more of a "true" measurement. Do you think you can return it if it doesn't fit?
    I'm sure you can return it as long as the tags are still on. There is a sizing chart -- you have to measure loop (they explain this), chest, waist and thigh to find the right size. But remember, it will probably take awhile to get on even if it's the right size. They're supposed to be super tight.

I was happy to at least get the discount -- which was $119 in the women's suit.
    I was happy to at least get the discount -- which was $119 in the women's suit.
    Now you can afford the goggles too!
    No plans to spend $100 on goggles! I'm sure the vision is superior, but no. Not a chance. I don't feel much need to lOok at my competitors in sprints.
    No plans to spend $100 on goggles! I'm sure the vision is superior, but no. Not a chance. I don't feel much need to lOok at my competitors in sprints.
    Not since this @ 29sec: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2T_GJLUsg"]swimming sprint classic 006.avi - YouTube[/nomedia]
    Sorry, can't let that one go
    I remember that look! Classic! Well, it probably helped me go faster and win that event. Don't think I've done it since though.