View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, Dec. 8

Rate this Entry
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Swam around 1200-1300 yards easy

ART, 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Felt pretty good today. I will probably take tomorrow off or do another easy swim. Heading out in the afternoon. Need to pack!

I haven't thought overly much about goal times for this meet. I'd be thrilled to nail a couple starts and swim around the times I did last year. I'm swimming the same events with the exception of the 100 IM instead of 100 back (no 50 back either). I seem to rarely swim the 100 IM at taper meets because it often conflicts with fly/back events. I last swam the 100 IM on a few days rest last March and went a 1:04.3. Using the GB converter (which occasionally gives odd results), that would convert to 1:12.4. I'd like to go faster than that eventually, but this may not be the meet. I would definitely take that time based on the event rankings and LB results.

After a lot of icing and ART, my elbows feel somewhat better.

As usual, this is not the best weekend to be gone. I'm missing swim meets, races, and various holiday parties and gatherings. And I'm not remotely done shopping!

Submit "Thursday, Dec. 8" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Dec. 8" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Dec. 8" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Dec. 8" to Google

Updated December 8th, 2011 at 08:10 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments

The meet has good start times - not too eary! 1:12.4 seems on the faster end of conversion - so to go that time is a GREAT swim! Have fun with it!
    Yeah, it seems a bit fast. Plus, I went a 1:11.6-ish with a B70 a couple years ago, so may be even slower. I'm going to wear my nose clip though!
    good luck, swim fast, and have fun.
    You'll be great!!! Have fun this weekend!!
    I'm finding that going to this meet is a good way to avoid decorating, shopping, and everything else that supposedly 'needs' to be done

Looking forward to finally meeting you on Saturday!
    I hope there's a Starbucks nearby
    Pretty sure there are a few on campus. I saw one close to then Kenmore subway station on the other side of campus.
    Have a fun and fast meet! You'll be awesome I know!!
    Swim fast. Do you know if the results will be live or close to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I'm finding that going to this meet is a good way to avoid decorating, shopping, and everything else that supposedly 'needs' to be done

Looking forward to finally meeting you on Saturday!
    I hope there's a Starbucks nearby
    Every year I definitely get out of some xmas related chores.

I'm sure there are Starbucks on Comm Ave and near your hotel! I don't swim without coffee either.
    Thanks everyone!

Mark, I don't believe there are real time results for this meet. Probably have to wait until Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Swim fast. Do you know if the results will be live or close to it?
    Looks like the results will be on SwimPhone. There's a link on the meet blog, or try this:

http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=3514
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    Looks like the results will be on SwimPhone. There's a link on the meet blog, or try this:

http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=3514
    Thanks John!