View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Attempted Run, Friday, Dec. 16

Rate this Entry
by , December 16th, 2011 at 04:31 PM (1705 Views)
I was overcome by the urge to run this am. I don't think I've been on a trail run in 2+ years. I went out for my old 5 mile loop. At about mile 3, I twisted my ankle. It wasn't a bad sprain, but it is swollen. My floppy ankles apparently don't like trails. But I don't like treadmills; part of the joy of running is to be outside. Fortunately, Fort Son was home and I called him to come pick me up. I was going to hope on the bike, but ran out of time. I'm now out the door to S&T a HS meet. Cheers!

Submit "Attempted Run, Friday, Dec. 16" to Digg Submit "Attempted Run, Friday, Dec. 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Attempted Run, Friday, Dec. 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Attempted Run, Friday, Dec. 16" to Google

Categories
Running

Comments

Fish out of water.

Hope the ankle doesn't slow you down too much on land or the water.
    You and I must be on the same parrallel ;universe! My elbows were hurting a bit yesterday. Pretty lame it was from swimming fast, I can't even say it was doing weights! But I did have an awesome swim set yesterday. Anyway, I felt like running too! Trying to quell the urge and asked for a "personal trampoline" for xmas!! You know, that round one that one person can stand on and bounce around? haha!
    I saw your post of Facebook about this, sorry to hear about the ankle. Hope it doesn't interfere with swimming or other activities, and hope for a speedy recovery!

That said, shouldn't you know better? If you hadn't swum for 2 years, would you start up with a mile lake swim?
    When I do start running again, I'll have to start from scratch again, with 2 miles, building back up.
    Attempted Run
    I saw the blog title from the main blog page and thought "uh oh!!". Sorry about the mishap. Hope you're doing better soon.
    I'm glad my knee and ankles won't take the pounding of running.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    You and I must be on the same parrallel ;universe! My elbows were hurting a bit yesterday. Pretty lame it was from swimming fast, I can't even say it was doing weights! But I did have an awesome swim set yesterday. Anyway, I felt like running too! Trying to quell the urge and asked for a "personal trampoline" for xmas!! You know, that round one that one person can stand on and bounce around? haha!
    Quasi-ploys on the mini tramp!

I just wanted to go on one darn run as a post meet break. Fins and running are not compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I saw your post of Facebook about this, sorry to hear about the ankle. Hope it doesn't interfere with swimming or other activities, and hope for a speedy recovery!

That said, shouldn't you know better? If you hadn't swum for 2 years, would you start up with a mile lake swim?
    When I do start running again, I'll have to start from scratch again, with 2 miles, building back up.
    It was just a one off trot, and felt fine. And I did do 3 miles on the treadmill a few weeks ago with no ill effect. guess I should never run on uneven terrain ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I saw the blog title from the main blog page and thought "uh oh!!". Sorry about the mishap. Hope you're doing better soon.
    I'm glad my knee and ankles won't take the pounding of running.
    My ankles apparently can't either now that I swim. It's sad; I used to be a runner.